Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC offers cautious welcome to ‘Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill’ but stresses lack of capacity in delivering locally 14/05/2022
- Free Affiliate Application webinars for IHBC Supporters: Guidance, updates + Q&A, 24/06 & 26/06 14/05/2022
- New IHBC 2022 School CPD resources for ‘Environment & heritage management’ – oil, recycling & more – 17/06 14/05/2022
- Promote your business, service, charity etc. at IHBC’s virtual Heritage MarketPlace, opening #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 15/06, from c.£100+VAT 14/05/2022
- IHBC Signpost: BRE/BEIS project to modernise home energy rating scheme 14/05/2022
- IHBC Signpost: Expert advice pivotal in new-look Historical Railways Estate 14/05/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: Griff’s 1st film clip for blended #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 17/06 14/05/2022
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Planning reform scepticism on levelling-up bill 14/05/2022
- England: ‘How to challenge our decision to list or not list a building’ 14/05/2022
- Vintage train journeys at risk as coal supply fails 14/05/2022
- Good news for #IHBC25: New IHBC governance supported by new Trustee Information Pack 10/05/2022
- Good news for #IHBC25: Interdisciplinary IHBC accreditation recognised by Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) for Professionally Qualified Person (PQP) cards 10/05/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: Docomomo US – ‘11 most threatened modern buildings in America’ 10/05/2022
- IHBC ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: York to try again for UNESCO WHS 10/05/2022
- HES’ Green Recovery Statement: ‘Using Scotland’s Past to Support Our Future’ 10/05/2022
- National Churches Trust Consultation update: Churches in demand, despite growth of digital worship 10/05/2022
- Newport Council to underwrite increased costs to Transporter Bridge transformation project 10/05/2022
- Architects fear Glasgow School of Art rebuild could go to cheapest bidder 10/05/2022
- Feature your business, charity, leadership, learning etc. at IHBC’s virtual Heritage MarketPlace for 6+ months – live and opening #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 15/06, from c.£100+VAT 06/05/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC Wales Branch virtual AGM with free CPD – ‘Conservation updates: IHBC and Cadw’, 11/05 06/05/2022
- IHBC Signpost to Welsh Senedd Research: ‘How can communities save buildings they care about?’ 06/05/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick: £650K works as National Park seeks community engagement support, closes 23/05, £27.5K 06/05/2022
- IHBC ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: New lease of life for historic Leeds gem 06/05/2022
- AHF grants for UK’s community-led heritage regeneration projects 06/05/2022
- PLACE Alliance launches Appealing Design – Does design quality carry weight in planning appeals? 06/05/2022
Daily Archives: 14/05/2022
IHBC offers cautious welcome to ‘Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill’ but stresses lack of capacity in delivering locally
The recent Queen’s Speech introduced the Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill ‘to drive local growth, empowering local leaders to regenerate their areas’, with implications for conservation and the historic environment offered a cautious welcome by the IHBC, while also highlighting capacity … Continue reading
The IHBC has an extra pre-School offer of free 1-hour CPD-certified webinars to guide Supporter members on how to easily and successfully complete Affiliate applications, all informed by the success of recent applicants and tied to our #IHBC25 anniversary and … Continue reading
New IHBC 2022 School CPD resources for ‘Environment & heritage management’ – oil, recycling & more – 17/06
You can check out the new updates on speakers, content and CPD resources for the Environment & Heritage management session at the blended Aberdeen Day School on 17 June HERE.
Promote your business, service, charity etc. at IHBC’s virtual Heritage MarketPlace, opening #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 15/06, from c.£100+VAT
Heritage service providers, suppliers, agencies, charities and others can promote their learning, news and more to IHBC networks and delegates for only c.£100+VAT, with a c.6+ month web ‘billboard’ School posting with a live 2022 School stall option on 15 … Continue reading
The Building Research Establishment (BRE) has announced a new project with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) to improve and modernise the home energy rating scheme used to measure the energy and environmental performance of UK homes. … Continue reading
National Highways has unveiled a new method of managing the Historical Railways Estate (HRE).
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognitionquality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features Griff Rhys Jones on film at our blended #IHBCAberdeen2022 conference.
The government has unveiled long-awaited planning reforms as part of its Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill, and Tim Clark reports just how the construction sector sees it on Construction Buzz. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
Government guidance on how to challenge listing decisions in England has been issued.
Heritage railways, which make millions for UK economy, are axing services as mines close and Russian sources are ruled out. image: for illustration purposes only – P Badcock