Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC Toolbox latest Guidance Note: Using S.19 on amendments to LBC 05/08/2022
- IHBC Wales Branch FREE CPD + reception: Looking to #IHBCSwansea2023 and #IHBC25 – 5/09 05/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 05/08/2022
- REMINDER: SAHGB-IHBC Heritage Research Award 2022 celebrates ‘research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closes 31/08 05/08/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.2M of recent advertised works: Council seeks Heritage Consultant, closing 24/08 05/08/2022
- Creator of Gaia theory James Lovelock dies on 103rd birthday 05/08/2022
- Environment Agency CE on new report: We’re facing ‘Existential risk’ from both climate and biodiversity crises 05/08/2022
- CPRE calls for land strategy and new planning rules to guard food security 05/08/2022
- National Lottery income increases to over £1.8bn 05/08/2022
- BEFS/HES refresh Our Place in Time: Public events to refresh Scotland’s historic environment strategy, from 09/08 05/08/2022
- CHS Skills Training Programme: INDIA – 6 Traineeships for UK participants, 2-20/10, closing 24/08 05/08/2022
- Plans for new flagpole on Sydney Harbour Bridge abandoned after a backlash over £14M cost & two-year timetable 05/08/2022
- Consultation survey on joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ (CPPP): Add your thoughts now! 02/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 02/08/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick (No.2) from £42K+ of recent advertised works: City council seeks CAMP, closing 05/08, valued £30K 02/08/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (battlefield) doorstep’: NTS ‘unaware’ PP needed for Culloden storage units 02/08/2022
- EHA / Europa Nostra awards honour 30 exemplary achievements from 18 Countries 02/08/2022
- BSI: New competence requirements for principal contractors & designers 02/08/2022
- 123 Work-related fatal injuries in Great Britain in 2021/22 02/08/2022
- New urban wildflower roundabouts in Inverness to help pollinators 02/08/2022
- #IHBCAberdeen2022: A School volunteer’s ‘thanks to all’… with a note on origins and delivery 29/07/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 29/07/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick (No.1) from recent advertised works: Research EOIs, closing 01/08 29/07/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Work to demolish ‘iconic’ art deco house in North Wales underway 29/07/2022
- Committee call for written evidence on Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill: Respond ASAP! 29/07/2022
Daily Archives: 21/05/2022
Sign up for FREE learning, advice, networks etc. at IHBC’s virtual Heritage MarketPlace – #IHBCMarketPlace – opening #IHBCAberdeen2022 School on 15/06, 16.30-19.30
All IHBC members can sign up for 3 hours of our free virtual Heritage #IHBCMarketPlace learning and networks, with access prioritised for #IHBCAberdeen2022 School delegates and earliest sign-ups.
IHBC North Branch: ‘In person again, at last’ – Free networking, news, AGM, Tours & #IHBC25 too, on 26/05
IHBC North Branch’s newest events programme is now in place, starting with a Members’ networking and socialising welcome and IHBC National Office anniversary update on #IHBC25, followed by the AGM and tour options, on 26 May in Newcastle, from 5.30PM.
#IHBCAberdeen2022 Day School, 17/06 closing session CPD: ‘REGENERATION: Recovery and resilience’ (urban + pandemic); in person, or virtual from £25+VAT
The closing session of the IHBC’s blended Day School on 17 June – on ‘Recovery and resilience’ in regeneration, from 4.10 local time – takes two recent but contrasting successes: urban regeneration in Fraserburgh, and pandemic recovery in England, with … Continue reading
IHBC Wales Branch members of all categories were invited to the first AGM since the pandemic, on 11 May, held virtually, which offered free CPD updates from the IHBC and Cadw, and successfully elected its new Branch committee.
10+ hours CPD at IHBC’s Aberdeen School for FREE? Submit ‘Chair’s Choice’ questions early & win Virtual School fee back
Question and Answer opportunities will take place across the IHBC’s ‘blended’ Day School on 17 June, but time will be tight, so get your questions in beforehand for a chance to win the ‘Chair’s Choice’ for each session by submitting … Continue reading
Promote your business, service, charity etc. at IHBC’s virtual Heritage MarketPlace, opening #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 15/06, from c.£100+VAT
Heritage service providers, suppliers, agencies, charities and others can promote their learning, news and more to IHBC networks and delegates for only c.£100+VAT, with a c.6+ month web ‘billboard’ School posting with a live 2022 School stall option on 15 … Continue reading
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance service – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s pick from the HESPR News and Tender Alert email for this week … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Rochdale Town Hall ‘blighted masterpiece building’ being restored
Rochdale Town Hall, one of the most impressive buildings in the north is now being restored to its former glory, reports the Manchester World. image: for illustration purposes only
Historic England is recruiting up to 8 apprentices for the Hamish Ogston Heritage Building Skills programme.
The Heritage Alliance has produced a summary of the Queen’s Speech, ‘outlining the key details and impacts for the heritage sector’.
Eight new cities have been named as part of 2022 Platinum Jubilee celebrations, from Scotland to the Falklands. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has launched a survey on improving access to the heritage sector, closing 10 June.