Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC Toolbox latest Guidance Note: Using S.19 on amendments to LBC 05/08/2022
- IHBC Wales Branch FREE CPD + reception: Looking to #IHBCSwansea2023 and #IHBC25 – 5/09 05/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 05/08/2022
- REMINDER: SAHGB-IHBC Heritage Research Award 2022 celebrates ‘research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closes 31/08 05/08/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.2M of recent advertised works: Council seeks Heritage Consultant, closing 24/08 05/08/2022
- Creator of Gaia theory James Lovelock dies on 103rd birthday 05/08/2022
- Environment Agency CE on new report: We’re facing ‘Existential risk’ from both climate and biodiversity crises 05/08/2022
- CPRE calls for land strategy and new planning rules to guard food security 05/08/2022
- National Lottery income increases to over £1.8bn 05/08/2022
- BEFS/HES refresh Our Place in Time: Public events to refresh Scotland’s historic environment strategy, from 09/08 05/08/2022
- CHS Skills Training Programme: INDIA – 6 Traineeships for UK participants, 2-20/10, closing 24/08 05/08/2022
- Plans for new flagpole on Sydney Harbour Bridge abandoned after a backlash over £14M cost & two-year timetable 05/08/2022
- Consultation survey on joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ (CPPP): Add your thoughts now! 02/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 02/08/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick (No.2) from £42K+ of recent advertised works: City council seeks CAMP, closing 05/08, valued £30K 02/08/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (battlefield) doorstep’: NTS ‘unaware’ PP needed for Culloden storage units 02/08/2022
- EHA / Europa Nostra awards honour 30 exemplary achievements from 18 Countries 02/08/2022
- BSI: New competence requirements for principal contractors & designers 02/08/2022
- 123 Work-related fatal injuries in Great Britain in 2021/22 02/08/2022
- New urban wildflower roundabouts in Inverness to help pollinators 02/08/2022
- #IHBCAberdeen2022: A School volunteer’s ‘thanks to all’… with a note on origins and delivery 29/07/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 29/07/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick (No.1) from recent advertised works: Research EOIs, closing 01/08 29/07/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Work to demolish ‘iconic’ art deco house in North Wales underway 29/07/2022
- Committee call for written evidence on Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill: Respond ASAP! 29/07/2022
Daily Archives: 25/05/2022
IHBC NewsBlogs, with new style: Pass on your thoughts on our new-style news alerts for our anniversary year #IHBC25
The IHBC’s celebrated open-access NewsBlog etc. news service has given its email alerts a small overhaul, and we welcome any thoughts from NewsBlog users – simply email Jude Wheeler at email@example.com.
#IHBCAberdeen2022 Day School, 17/06 closing session CPD: ‘REGENERATION: Recovery and resilience’ (urban + pandemic); in person, or virtual from £25+VAT
The closing session of the IHBC’s blended Day School on 17 June – on ‘Recovery and resilience’ in regeneration, from 4.10 local time – takes two recent but contrasting successes: urban regeneration in Fraserburgh, and pandemic recovery in England, with … Continue reading
10+ hours CPD at IHBC’s Aberdeen School for FREE? Submit ‘Chair’s Choice’ questions early & win Virtual School fee back
Question and Answer opportunities will take place across the IHBC’s ‘blended’ Day School on 17 June, but time will be tight, so get your questions in beforehand for a chance to win the ‘Chair’s Choice’ for each session by submitting … Continue reading
The Heritage Fund has compared and contrasted the findings of its two £22m place-based schemes and look at the lessons learned.
Check out #IHBC25 online: 25 years since we turned professional – with ideas invited on how to mark our heritage and look ahead too
Our new subscription year – April 2022 to March 2023 – will see the IHBC mark a quarter of a century since our incorporation as a professional body supporting and accrediting built and historic environment conservation specialists, so we’re kick-starting … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: DB on IHBC’s ‘Interdisciplinary… accreditation recognised by CSCS’
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features Designing Buildings on IHBC’s ‘Interdisciplinary… accreditation recognised by CSCS’.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Bristol Harbourside landmark Canons House (Arup, 1988-91) gets GII listing
Canons House, a landmark building on Bristol Harbourside has been awarded Grade II (GII) listed status, and having been built as a regional headquarters for Lloyds Bank between 1988 and 1991, it is now being sold off later this year. … Continue reading
Organisations in England are being encouraged to submit expressions of interest to receive support, from access to maintenance. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence V3.0
In the early spring of 2021 LABC (Local Authority Building Control) launched their LABC Front Door website. It provides wide ranging advice on building regulation issues and top tips from the expert team at LABC.
UK Green Building Council(UKGBC) has launched the Whole Life Carbon Roadmap, a common vision and agreed actions for achieving net zero carbon in the construction, operation and demolition of buildings and infrastructure. image: for illustration purposes only
Following the launch of the new British Ecological Society report exploring the UK pledge to protect 30% of land and seas by 2030, the Society asked one of the report’s Steering Group members how close we are to achieving this … Continue reading
The Scottish Government has identified six islands that will be supported to become carbon neutral by 2040. image: for illustration purposes only – Fiona Newton
The Prime Minister has appointed Carol Pyrah as a Trustee of the National Heritage Memorial Fund and The National Lottery Heritage Fund, for a term of three years commencing 09 May 2022 until 08 May 2025. image: Open Government Licence … Continue reading