Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC Toolbox latest Guidance Note: Using S.19 on amendments to LBC 05/08/2022
- IHBC Wales Branch FREE CPD + reception: Looking to #IHBCSwansea2023 and #IHBC25 – 5/09 05/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 05/08/2022
- REMINDER: SAHGB-IHBC Heritage Research Award 2022 celebrates ‘research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closes 31/08 05/08/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.2M of recent advertised works: Council seeks Heritage Consultant, closing 24/08 05/08/2022
- Creator of Gaia theory James Lovelock dies on 103rd birthday 05/08/2022
- Environment Agency CE on new report: We’re facing ‘Existential risk’ from both climate and biodiversity crises 05/08/2022
- CPRE calls for land strategy and new planning rules to guard food security 05/08/2022
- National Lottery income increases to over £1.8bn 05/08/2022
- BEFS/HES refresh Our Place in Time: Public events to refresh Scotland’s historic environment strategy, from 09/08 05/08/2022
- CHS Skills Training Programme: INDIA – 6 Traineeships for UK participants, 2-20/10, closing 24/08 05/08/2022
- Plans for new flagpole on Sydney Harbour Bridge abandoned after a backlash over £14M cost & two-year timetable 05/08/2022
- Consultation survey on joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ (CPPP): Add your thoughts now! 02/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 02/08/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick (No.2) from £42K+ of recent advertised works: City council seeks CAMP, closing 05/08, valued £30K 02/08/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (battlefield) doorstep’: NTS ‘unaware’ PP needed for Culloden storage units 02/08/2022
- EHA / Europa Nostra awards honour 30 exemplary achievements from 18 Countries 02/08/2022
- BSI: New competence requirements for principal contractors & designers 02/08/2022
- 123 Work-related fatal injuries in Great Britain in 2021/22 02/08/2022
- New urban wildflower roundabouts in Inverness to help pollinators 02/08/2022
- #IHBCAberdeen2022: A School volunteer’s ‘thanks to all’… with a note on origins and delivery 29/07/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 29/07/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick (No.1) from recent advertised works: Research EOIs, closing 01/08 29/07/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Work to demolish ‘iconic’ art deco house in North Wales underway 29/07/2022
- Committee call for written evidence on Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill: Respond ASAP! 29/07/2022
Monthly Archives: June 2022
‘Designing Buildings, The construction wiki’, and host platform to the IHBC’s own copy of our 2022 annual report for our sponsors, is celebrating it’s 10th anniversary.
Check out #IHBC25: 25 years since we turned professional – with ideas invited on marking our heritage and while looking ahead
Our new subscription year – April 2022 to March 2023 – will see the IHBC mark a quarter of a century since our incorporation as a professional body supporting and accrediting built and historic environment conservation specialists, so we’re kick-starting … Continue reading
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features the Architects’ Journal (AJ) on ‘toxic culture’ in architectural education.
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Dramatic makeover at Leicester meeting house, thanks to Government fund
Two important examples of Leicester’s architectural history have been fully restored thanks to a government grant for expert repair work, Quenby Hall Gates and the boundary wall to the city’s historic Great Meeting Chapel. image: Leicester City Council website
The Heritage Sector Resilience Plan, developed by the Historic Environment Forum (HEF) with the support of Historic England, has been launched.
Plans to regenerate another two historic buildings – the Victorian-built Globe House in Walsall and the derelict former Erdington Baths in Birmingham – have been unlocked by fresh investments from the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA). image: Kevin Hale / Erdington swimming … Continue reading
Tower Hamlets has been awarded ‘Tree Cities of the World’ status for our dedication to urban and community forestry, tree-planting, and biodiversity.
The UK Government has allocated an additional £15m for the development of nine Restoring Your Railway schemes across England. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
With its wide range of cultures, histories, and geographies, the 2022 list of America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places illustrates the expansiveness of the country’s history and helps tell the full American story.
IHBC’s 2022 School, #IHBCAberdeen2022 – Delving deeper: Culture Secretary’s valuing, and how virtual delegates matter
Bringing in-person and virtual delegates together at #IHBCAberdeen2022 meant anyone interested could join in the Day School – and even more at our Heritage MarketPlace – and here some key players headline its ambitions and achievements.
IHBC’s HESPR weekly pick from £98K+ works: Scottish council seeks design services for place/community project, closing 14/07
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance service – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s pick for this week is a call from a Scottish Council for … Continue reading
If you registered as an in-person or online delegate we are keen to hear your feedback on this year’s IHBC Annual School 2022 – Aberdeen #IHBCAberdeen2022
Thank you to all those who visited our learning-led virtual Heritage #IHBCMarketPlace which launched our Annual School #IHBCAberdeen2022. If you haven’t had a chance to complete the feedback survey there’s still time.
Bedford Corn Exchange has been listed at Grade II (GII) by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) on the advice of Historic England, reports The Bedford Independent. image: Simon Speed, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Marks and Spencer’s bosses have attacked Michael Gove for ‘political grandstanding’ after the Housing Secretary called-in the retailer’s plans to demolish and rebuild its flagship store. image: for illustration purposes only by Gary Rogers / Marks and Spencer, Wikimedia Commons
The 7 Most Endangered Programme, run by Europa Nostra, campaigns to save Europe’s endangered heritage, and nominations are now open until 15 September.
Historic England (HE) has shared successes from the 10 Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) projects, funded since 2016/17, which helped breathe new life into historic places in needing an investment boost.
DCMS has opened expressions of interest for local partnerships in England (excluding London) to be involved in the Create Growth Programme, calling for applications from only combined or local authorities or local enterprise partnerships., and closing 7 July. image: Open … Continue reading
The National Trust (NT) has launched an apprenticeship scheme that aims to tackle a shortage of skills in the heritage sector. image: Hamish Ogston Foundation
A new OMG! fund from Airbnb will give $100,000 to 100 people with highly unusual design ideas for their properties. image: for illustration purposes only
Thanks to all for #IHBCAberdeen2022 as it makes historic #IHBC25 anniversary success as first blended: ‘a triumphant return…’ with c.250 delegates in person, online or on record
The IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School, in our 25th anniversary year, hosted some 250 delegates across the Day School on 17 June – and even more at our Heritage MarketPlace launch – as early feedback is resoundingly positive.
The landmark regeneration scheme in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire – which helped close IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen Day School at #IHBCAberdeen2022 – has just been crowned the overall winner at the inaugural RTPI Scotland Awards for Planning Excellence.
IHBC welcomes Civic Voice survey for National Civic Day 2022: ‘Are you proud of your local high street?’
The IHBC has welcomed Civic Voice’s new national survey to coincide with National Civic Day, on the last day of our 2022 School #IHBCAberdeen2022, which asks: Are you proud of your local high street?
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance service – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s pick from the HESPR News and Tender Alert email for this week … Continue reading
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features Bloomberg on John Lewis’s plans for rental properties above grocery … Continue reading