Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s 2022 School, #IHBCAberdeen2022 – Delving deeper: Culture Secretary’s valuing, and how virtual delegates matter 24/06/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR weekly pick from £98K+ works: Scottish council seeks design services for place/community project, closing 14/07 24/06/2022
- Reminder: IHBC’s 2022 School, #IHBCAberdeen2022 – your feedback counts! 24/06/2022
- Reminder: #IHBCMarketPlace – Delegate Feedback 24/06/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Bedford Corn Exchange listed GII 24/06/2022
- M&S blasts Gove after Oxford St rebuild plan called in 24/06/2022
- Europa Nostra’s 7 Most Endangered Programme 2023: Call for Nominations (closing 15/09) 24/06/2022
- HE updates on HAZ: ‘Successful Heritage Regeneration… Revived Historic Towns’ 24/06/2022
- DCMS Create Growth Programme: Closing 7/07 24/06/2022
- NT unveils heritage crafts apprenticeship scheme 24/06/2022
- Airbnb seeks applications to $10M OMG! Fund to help 100 people build ‘the world’s craziest spaces’ 24/06/2022
- Thanks to all for #IHBCAberdeen2022 as it makes historic #IHBC25 anniversary success as first blended: ‘a triumphant return…’ with c.250 delegates in person, online or on record 21/06/2022
- #IHBCAberdeen2022 featured Fraserburgh regen picked for Scotland’s top planning award 21/06/2022
- IHBC welcomes Civic Voice survey for National Civic Day 2022: ‘Are you proud of your local high street?’ 21/06/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR weekly pick: Welsh Council seeks design services for castle project, closing 11/07 21/06/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: LOTS – Living over the Shop – from John Lewis, via Waitrose 21/06/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (vanishing) doorstep’: Entire village could be redeveloped… Penrhos Polish Village in Pwllheli demolished 21/06/2022
- England’s Heritage Open Days 2022 Directory Live: Register your event now! 21/06/2022
- Five landmark nature recovery projects launched in England: Protect wildlife and improve public access 21/06/2022
- Landscape Institute Awards 2022: Deadline 7 July 21/06/2022
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary welcomes IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the edge’ conference as a ‘timely opportunity… hugely important’ – Book virtual (17/06) from £25+VAT (& access recordings after!) 14/06/2022
- #IHBCAberdeen2022 School delegate joining details now out: Check spam for any missing details first, then contact us! 14/06/2022
- Stall guidance on virtual Heritage MarketPlace 15/06 now out: Free to #IHBCAberdeen2022 delegates & IHBC Members, and still time to book 14/06/2022
- Check out #IHBC25: 25 years since we turned professional – with ideas invited on marking our heritage and while looking ahead 14/06/2022
- IHBC congratulates Alice Ullathorne – IHBC EDI lead (see 2022 School MarketPlace Billboard) – as she joins Heritage Trust Network’s Board 14/06/2022
Daily Archives: 08/06/2022
Go virtual for #IHBCAberdeen2022 on 17/06, as Griff sets the scene with a ‘people’s perspective’, romance and all – just check the trailer, from only £25+VAT
The IHBC features Griff Rhys Jones setting the scene for ‘Heritage on the edge’ for our #IHBCAberdeen2022 Day School on 17 June, with a trailer of his filmed ‘people’s perspective’ to whet the appetite.
IHBC’s 2021 Yearbook features to 15K construction users and more with takes on ‘levelling up’ and ‘caring for places’
IHBC’s 2021 Yearbook is featured by Designing Buildings (DB) to its 15,000 registered users and more in the recent DB Newsletter, with articles on conservation as care and on heritage in levelling up.
FREE learning, advice, networks etc. at IHBC’s virtual #IHBCMarketPlace – opening #IHBCAberdeen2022 15/06
All IHBC members can sign up for 3 hours of our free virtual Heritage #IHBCMarketPlace learning and networks, with access prioritised for #IHBCAberdeen2022 School delegates and earliest sign-ups.
10+ hours CPD at IHBC’s Aberdeen School for FREE! Submit ‘Chair’s Choice’ question early & win Virtual School fee
Question and Answer opportunities will take place across the IHBC’s ‘blended’ Day School on 17 June, but time will be tight, so get your questions in beforehand for a chance to win the ‘Chair’s Choice’ for each session by submitting … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘All-Island’ signpost: Common commitment to all Ireland’s heritage – North South Agreement on Vernacular Heritage
An ‘All-Island’ commitment to Ireland’s vernacular heritage has been established with the signing of the North South Agreement on Vernacular Heritage, supporting traditional buildings etc. image: Context 140 – July 2015
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features Arch Daily on AI and Architecture.
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Preston’s former orphanage – views from before the blaze
The Grade II-listed former St Joseph’s Orphanage in Preston city centre as it appeared before the recent fire has been featured by LancsLive. image: for illustration purposes only
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has set out plans to mitigate the impacts of steep inflation that are hitting companies across the sector.
A new guide to courses and training available within Scotland’s construction industry has been launched by the Scottish Construction Leadership Forum (CLF).
Governments of Italy and Iraq in discussionover a possible project to restore the ancient city of Ur in southern Iraq’s Dhi Qar governorate. image: By Michael Lubinski from Green Bay, WI, USA – Ziggarut of Ur, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=6860115