Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC welcomes HE’s Heritage Counts 2023 05/12/2023
- IHBC seeks paid expert leads for priority new topics in Branch CPD training: ‘Fire Protection’, ‘Enforcement’ and ‘Placemaking & Design Codes’: Closing 6 January 2024 05/12/2023
- Your invitation to ‘A Medieval Christmas’, at Newcastle’s Black Gate, with IHBC’s North Branch, 7 December, from £20 (with select free places too!) 05/12/2023
- CLOSING SOON – FINAL CHANCE: Consultation on updating joint IHBC-HTVF-CV ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ (CPPP) 05/12/2023
- IHBC ‘Practice’ signpost from Wales: Neath Port Talbot Council Biodiversity Duty Plan 05/12/2023
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: IHBC on #IHBCReading2024 and sponsorship opportunities 05/12/2023
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Objections lodged to proposals by Stella McCartney to build seafront house near Mallaig 05/12/2023
- LUHC Parliamentary Committee inquiry: Children, young people and the built environment, call for evidence closes 2/01/2024 05/12/2023
- UK skills training to be transformed with innovative projects 05/12/2023
- National Church Awards winners 2023 announced 05/12/2023
- Historic Houses Awards announced 05/12/2023
- New planning guidance for Tall Buildings in Glasgow city centre being developed 05/12/2023
- New President for CIAT as Eddie Weir is inaugurated 05/12/2023
- Appointment of Baroness Penn as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State in DLUHC 05/12/2023
- IHBC launches Reading School Homepage & contact point: ‘Place & Building Care…’ with bookings to open in 2024 – #IHBCReading2024 01/12/2023
- IHBC seeks paid expert leads for priority new topics in Branch CPD training: ‘Fire Protection’, ‘Enforcement’ and ‘Placemaking & Design Codes’: Closing 6 January 2024 01/12/2023
- IHBC’s 1st Christmas treat: Free and open webinar from IHBC’s Technical Panel lead John Edwards on ‘Applying BSI’s PAS 2035:2023…’ for IHBC Reading School 2024, Christmas and more, 15/12 01/12/2023
- IHBC’s Professional signpost: Ayr Station Hotel Fire – Action and reaction in Scotland’s parliament and beyond 01/12/2023
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from un-costed works: Welsh County Council seeks Conservation Architect etc. for historic buildings works, closing 08/12 01/12/2023
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Wyke Regis man sentenced over non-compliance with planning enforcement notice 01/12/2023
- Housing: Use old buildings to tackle crisis, says Welsh charity 01/12/2023
- Historic England issues its Heritage at Risk Register 2023 01/12/2023
- Delivering Net Zero for England’s Historic Buildings: HE’s local data on the demand for retrofitting skills and economic growth 01/12/2023
- Mendip Hills to be declared a ‘super’ National Nature Reserve 01/12/2023
- Storm Babet’s widespread damage to landscapes, gardens and properties a taste of things to come, says National Trust 01/12/2023
Daily Archives: 15/11/2023
IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Easy access to training, awards & more – spotlights from IHBC Branches to Climate Change
IHBC’s CPD Circular for November is now out, with low-cost training and upskilling opportunities to help guide on all IHBC-networked and notable Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and more.
REMINDER – FINAL CHANCE: Consultation on joint IHBC-HTVF-CV ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ (CPPP) closes soon
A consultation on updating and enhancing the IHBC-HTVF-Civic Voice joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ has been launched, as we look at renewing this cross-sector statement on practice principles for specialists working in built and historic environment conservation roles.
‘Data for Heritage Places’ is a new analysis using the ‘Heritage Index’ by The Heritage Fund. image NLHF
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week highlights Designing Buildings featuring the IHBC’s NewsBlog welcoming of and notice … Continue reading
Scotland’s largest social housing association has put on hold one of the nation’s biggest demolition projects in the face of threatened court action, reports The Herald Scotland. image for illustration only – By Lairich Rig, CC BY-SA 2.0
Design Code Pathfinder Programme update: Supporting LAs & neighbourhood planning to develop design codes
The Design Council has updated on recent work with government to provide design advice and support to 25 selected pathfinders as they developed design codes to help raise the quality of the built environment in their local area. image for … Continue reading
UK Government guidance on ‘Understanding and addressing the health risks of damp and mould in the home’ has been issued.
New research from the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) suggests that the cost of living crisis has sparked a cost of giving crisis for charities that could see 1 in 5 stop operating this winter. image: for illustration only
The developer behind plans to demolish a Victorian industrial building in Glasgow to deliver a block of 60 apartments has lost an appeal against a decision to give it listed status. image for illustration only: HES
Running since 2018, Auckland’s Heritage Counts Report programme aims to highlight the extent and benefits of heritage in Auckland through the collection of statistics and research.