The Planning Awards’ shortlist has been announced, with presentations to take place on 24 September 2020 in London.
Planning Resource writes:
With the unpredictable few months ahead, we have taken the difficult decision to postpone this year’s awards’ ceremony.
However, we are pleased to be able to share with you that the Awards presentation will take place on Thursday 24 September 2020 at The Mermaid London, Puddle Dock, London EC4V 3DB. The Awards will bring together more than 400 industry professionals and offers the opportunity to network with other industry leaders at the top of their field.
We know that these unprecedented times have been challenging for the industry. While we continue to work through them, we look forward to coming together in September to celebrate all of this year’s outstanding achievements…..
Summary below – for more background (subscription required)
The Planning Awards recognise just some of the great work that has been taking place within the Planning and Placemaking community over the past year. We would like to extend a huge congratulations to all the companies, teams and individuals that have made it onto this year’s shortlist. The judges were really impressed with the calibre of all of this year’s entries – congratulations to everyone involved!
View the shortlist (summary below)
Planning Categories include:
- Award for Plan-Making
- Award for infrastructure planning
- Award for Planning for increased housing delivery
- Award for Planning for affordable housing
- Award for planning for the natural environment
- Award for use of new technology in Planning
- Planning Law firm of the year
- Award for Planning Consultancy of the year
- Local Authority Planning Team of the year
- Planning Permission of the year
- Award for stakeholder engagement in Planning(Development Management)
- *New* Award for fostering a diverse Planning Team
- Award for Stakeholder Engagement in Planning(Plan Making)
- *New* Award for Fostering a healthy high street
- Award for design excellence
- Award for best housing scheme(fewer than 500 homes)
- Award for best housing scheme(500 homes or more)
- Award for promoting economic growth
- Award for best use of arts, culture or sport in placemaking
- Award for best use of heritage in placemaking
- Award for partnership working
- Award for regeneration
- Award for mixed use development
- Award for community-led placemaking
- Best Use of publicly-owned land and/ or property in placemaking
- Best use of brownfield land in placemaking