IHBC partner information service Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), has headlined the IHBC ALGAO:UK Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), – from the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki report on plans to promote services in local authority– circulating the news to DBW’s c.12,500+ registered users from the construction and development sectors and networks beyond.
Chairs of The Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC) and The Association of Local Government Archaeological Officers (ALGAO):UK signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 24 June 2020, so the organisations can more effectively work together to promote and support Local Authority Historic Environment and Conservation Services….
Goals of MoU
With both organisations affirming their joint commitments to Local Authority services, the MoU underpins joined-up support for:
- Working effectively to develop high quality skills and learning environments for archaeologists and conservation professionals.
- Promoting good practice in Local Authority Historic Environment and Conservation Services.
- Influencing legislation and policy affecting the historic environment.
- Promoting advocacy for local authority historic environment and conservation services.
- Securing investment in and support for areas of common interests.
Read the DBW article
See the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki service
See the MoU
For more background see the NewsBlogs
Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki