Rock Davidson Associates – a small experienced practice in the Midlands specialising in historic building assessments and historic building conservation – is the latest company to join the IHBC’s conservation and heritage services ‘HESPR’ quality assurance register, as membership of the listing and support service celebrates reaching the half century mark.
Louisa Davidson managing director and HESPR Designated Service Advisor for the practice said: ‘We are delighted to be joining HESPR which gives RDA the required credibility.’
…RDA works mainly in providing comprehensive, practical usable heritage statements and assessment…
‘Historic England’s ‘Good Practice Advice Note 2’ (‘GPA 2’) – Managing Significance in Decision-Taking in the Historic Environment – sets out information to enable local planning authorities make well informed and successful decisions. GPA 2 recognises the IHBC and HESPR when securing appropriate expertise.’
‘Joining HESPR gives RDA credibility along with the other established registers in Historic England’s own guidance.’
…delighted to be joining HESPR which gives RDA the required credibility…
‘RDA works mainly in providing comprehensive, practical usable heritage statements and assessment of significance reports for listed buildings and buildings in conservation areas. Using a staged approach we strive that these reports will help to adapt historic buildings whilst preserving their special character.’
…GPA 2 recognises the IHBC and HESPR when securing appropriate expertise…
HESPR companies enjoy benefits and support including:
- Recognition of service standards and quality assurance on our ‘HESPR’ web page and service listing
- Free listings in the IHBC’s Yearbook
- Weekly Tender alerts that help inform commercial priorities and planning.
- HESPR webpages and search facility on the IHBC’s HESPR website
- National and local recognition of conservation and heritage service quality assurance and standards
- Weekly bulletins of work and notices – often posting more than £500k of costed work per issue. Our weekly Bulletin of current tender notifications to HESPR members is an innovative service that supports commercial conservation businesses that work to the IHBC’s standards and expectations. The weekly selections offer the wider heritage world a regular insight into the conservation profession that we hope combine good news, sector profile and service inspiration all in one.
- Free IHBC Jobs etc posting each year, worth up to £450.
Quality assurance for HESPR listing is strictly controlled through the employment a Full IHBC member – the ‘Designated Service Adviser’ (DSA) – in a role that allows them to take professional responsibility for the service standards offered to clients. This means that the IHBC can ensure that our members are in a reasonable position to offer their assurance of the quality of the conservation services. As such the DSA should be the first port of call for any concerns over work carried out by a HESPR company.
You can find the ‘Designated Service Adviser’ (DSA) listed on the dedicated HESPR business webpage and on the list of accredited practitioners linked from the IHBC’s homepage.’
See more on Rock Davidson Associates on the HESPR website
For more on HESPR and how to become a HESPR member see hespr.ihbc.org.uk
For a free promotion of your tendering opportunities and work needs to the IHBC’s HESPR members, please send details and links to Joanna at email@example.com, as soon as possible.
Tenders can also be advertised for a fee with IHBC Jobs etc, including a targeted email to 2000+ recipients as well as full coverage on our NewsBlog alerts and social platforms (membership and followers c.18,000) and websites with c. 290,000 visits a month. Contact Joanna at firstname.lastname@example.org