The IHBC’s Marsh Awards, developed in partnership with the Marsh Christian Trust, has launched the two 2021 Awards – for civic contributions by retired members, and for successful learning in heritage skills – with prizes that include £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s Brighton 2021 Annual School, and with an extended closing date of 31 March 2021.
… celebrate the contribution of a retired IHBC member…
… recognise the contribution of an individual for their significant learning in traditional building activities and craft skills…
IHBC President Mike Brown said: ‘Please do nominate someone deserving that you know, so they can be thanked and celebrated as follows:
- The IHBC Marsh Award for Community Contribution (Retired Member) is offered to celebrate the contribution of a retired IHBC member to the community (e.g. through BPT involvement, neighbourhood planning, civic and local trusts with heritage interests).
- IHBC Marsh Award for Successful Learning in Heritage Skills is designed to recognise the contribution of an individual for their significant learning in traditional building activities and craft skills.
‘I know it does take a little effort, but could make all the difference to someone’s life skills or cherished projects.’
To nominate, all you need do is complete an easy-fill form:
…Nomination forms must be submitted by March 31…
For full details visit the website
- a brief description of the activities contributed or the skills mastered (max 500 words),
- how the individual made a difference to the benefit of the historic environment and/ or community through these activities or skills.
- supporting information, such as a pictures, documents or website references relating to the nomination, which can be uploaded to the online form or included with the postal form.
If you are not able to complete an online application, you can download an application form in either Word or PDF from the website. Then email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Marsh Awards, IHBC, Jubilee House, High Street, Tisbury, Wiltshire SP3 6HA.
If you would like further guidance on your nomination please contact Michael Netter at email@example.com.
For the 2021 Brighton School and updates see brighton2021.ihbc.org.uk and #IHBCBrighton2021, where you can sign up for the NewsBlog alerts keeping you updated with the 2021 School, or follow us @IHBCTweet
See more on the IHBC’s Annual Schools