With the CPD Circular special edition for the 2021 Brighton School detailing its unique suite of learning, and early bird fees to end in June, now is the time to secure your School place, and remember that recordings will be available (ONLY to delegates) to help minimise ‘live’ screen time!
… secure a School place as part of a MarketPlace Stall…
IHBC Director Sean O’Reilly said: ‘While we will lift the basic delegate rates in June, and close delegate booking when at capacity, you will always be able to secure a School place as part of a MarketPlace Stall, though it is more expensive!’
… a great way to access the Day School’s resources…
‘So if you can’t yet make up your mind on paying from £25+VAT for a delegate place now, and then miss out when booking closes, at only about £100+VAT our MarketPlace Stall is still a great way to access the Day School’s resources – and raise your profile too – all for less than the price of a traditional Day School place!’
‘For general delegates though, the only sensible way to secure your access to the School’s unique, low-cost learning and insights is to book now!’
The IHBC writes:
… Learning and CPD Objectives…. changes that sustain and improve places…. approaches that have generated change…
School Webinars: Learning and CPD Objectives
The two 2021 Brighton Day School webinar sessions span overlooked but critical stages conservation: the changes that sustain and improve places (Morning Session, on tools and ‘Interventions’), and assessing different approaches that have generated change, including through monitoring, review and reflection (Afternoon Session, on impacts and ‘Evaluation’).
MarketPlace: [Each 1-hour session has] Two 30-minute interactive ‘virtual stalls’ sessions offering learning, outreach and networking
Stalls already taking advantage of the 2021 School Heritage MarketPlace platform to offer delegates their services, messages, learning and more already include:
- Holland Heritage: Managing change – the role of the heritage consultant
- Crenellated Arts: To be confirmed
- Ancient Monuments Society: Casework practice and profiles from a national amenity society
- Building Crafts College: Understanding, delivering and experiencing conservation training resources and strategies in the BCC
- Scottish Lime Centre: Challenges in delivering vocational training and ‘upskilling’ services
- The Cockburn Association: Working with local communities living in a global destination
- Natural Stone Specialist: Understanding and accessing networks and issues in the stone industry
- IHBC Enterprises Ltd: Research in practice – Case study in assessing capacity in local authority conservation services.
- The Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC): An introduction to the free IHBC MATE suite of sessions and linked services, including the IHBC’s Selfstarter
- Welsh School of Architecture, Cardiff University… ‘outline the keys issues… and possible funding opportunities’
- TheUrbanGlow Design & Heritage Ltd: ‘… telling the story of places in an accessible way. From videos… to understanding how to create a Local List…’
- Keymer Tiles Ltd Looking at ‘…the roots of traditional heritage roofing and… the modern day challenges’
- TDR Heritage Ltd: ‘… ‘Top Tips’ [and] … information about further training opportunities, alongside our high street and regeneration schemes’
- Historic Environment Scotland: ‘Happy to be advised by IHBC School MarketPlace delegates. Please feel free to get in touch with us.
- Heritage Strategies International Stall 1: ‘… the Main Street Approach, an downtown/commercial corridor economic development strategy through heritage conservation prevalent in the United States’
- Heritage Strategies International Stall 2: ‘… incentives and policy tools for heritage conservation’
- Heritage Strategies International Stall 3: Happy to be advised by IHBC School MarketPlace delegates. Please feel free to get in touch with us.
- IHBC Conservation Places and People (CPP) All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) Secretariat/David Blackman: Offering ‘Lessons in serving as Secretariat to an active APPG
- Heritage Trust Network: On ‘Solutions that trusts and community groups can offer to heritage at risk
- Designing Buildings Wiki: Answering ‘the serious problems practitioners have accessing knowledge’
- Barton Willmore Heritage: Which is ‘happy to be advised by IHBC School MarketPlace delegates’
More recent arrivals include:
- BEFS, though ‘unable to open their stall on the day due to capacity’ which is promoting its Advocacy Tookit.
- Murphy Associates, on ‘Casework case studies from the Brighton & Hove area’
- CIOB Academy, which is suggests delegates can get in touch on priorities
- The Energy Savers Ltd, on ‘… the Quattro Seal draught sealing system has been used in hundreds of historic sites’
- Historic England (Listing), with an update on the Building Preservation Notice indemnification pilot, to increase awareness of interim protection methods.
See the full School Programme on the IHBC’s special Brighton 2021 School CPD Circular
See more on the School Heritage MarketPlace
See the IHBC’s own ’Billboard’ listing of Stalls
Special rates for select IHBC networks: for details and to book see HERE
For more background see the NewsBlog