To help employers and practitioners, the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers on the diverse career opportunities advertised in our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, so sign up for free alerts and ‘stay ahead’ with the IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ service!
… heartening to see the range of posts and diversity of employers looking to the IHBC’s standards, networks and profiles…
IHBC Director Sean O’Reilly said: ‘This round of the ‘Jobs etc’ service offers a variety of career-shaping roles across conservation, construction and heritage practice. These include an especially diverse range bridging familiar mainstream construction roles and more targeted takes on what heritage management entails.
Historic England’s Senior Quantity Surveyor is clearly in the mainstream of disciplines, but with a specialist conservation line. West Lindsey District Council’s search for a Townscape Heritage Delivery Co-ordinator – Levelling Up Fund, reflects a specific project-based role, as does Newark and Sherwood’s Heritage Action Zone Project Officer.
At the same time the call from Lichfields for a Townscape and Visual Impact Assessment (TVIA) – Consultant/ Senior Consultant, opens interesting new territory for our constituencies of practice, while The London Historic Buildings Trust’s call for a Director marks a huge and critical moment for this leading charity, and for the new appointee too of course.
Altogether, though, it is heartening to see the range of posts and diversity of employers looking to the IHBC’s standards, networks and profiles to address their needs, as safely, reliably and as cost-effectively as possible!’
‘As ever these ‘Jobs etc’ service posts reflect the exceptionally wide spectrum of roles encompassed by the IHBC and the skills sets represented in the IHBC Areas of Competence and the Conservation Cycle. Those practice areas are detailed in our MATE application support sessions and guidance, and in the model we use to assess interdisciplinary competence in line with international conservation practice standards.’
The more familiar practice areas are embedded in to our core skills sets, and remain the dominant theme in our service posts. These include the Conservation Officer posts at South Derbyshire and the New Forest; Newport’s Historic Building Conservation Officer; Monmouthshire’s Heritage Management Officer; East Devon’s Planning Conservation Officer, and Sheffield’s Conservation and Design Officer.
Complementary roles are strong too this round – a reflection of the time of year as well maybe. Historic England’s Inspector of Historic Buildings and Areas – East, reflects one key employer profile, while the calls from The Georgian Group for a Conservation Adviser (Northern England), from the Diocese of Gloucester for an Assistant Church Buildings Office, and from MOLA for an Assistant Project Manager – Built Heritage, all highlight the ever-expanding range of roles and employers across our network.
These are well complemented by three and more posts with distinctively heritage angles in the private sector: Pegasus Group’s call for a Senior Heritage Consultants; Purcell’s for a Building Surveyor and Smith Jenkins’ for Heritage & Townscape Consultants/Planners (all levels).
Taken together, our most recent posts clearly demonstrate the strong and extensive fundamentals to offer long-term prospects to those planning careers in the sector.
… The IHBC Jobs etc.’ service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network…
In summary, recent posts include those below (all with different application dates, some closed and with external links inactive).
- West Lindsey District Council: Townscape Heritage Delivery Co-ordinator – Levelling Up Fund
- East Devon District Council: Planning Conservation Officer
- Historic England: Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Sheffield City Council: Conservation and Design Officer
- Newark and Sherwood District Council: Heritage Action Zone Project Officer
- Historic England: Inspector of Historic Buildings and Areas – East
- MOLA: Assistant Project Manager – Built Heritage
- Lichfields: Townscape and Visual Impact Assessment (TVIA) – Consultant/Senior Consultant
- Diocese of Gloucester: Assistant Church Buildings Officer
- Pegasus Group: Senior Heritage Consultants
- Newport City Council: Historic Building Conservation Officer
- New Forest District Council: Conservation Officer
- Monmouthshire County Council: Heritage Management Officer
- The London Historic Buildings Trust (LHBT): Director
- The Georgian Group: Conservation Adviser (Northern England)
- Purcell: Building Surveyor
- Smith Jenkins: Heritage & Townscape Consultants/Planners (all levels)
- South Derbyshire District Council: Conservation Officer
The IHBC Jobs etc.’ service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network of practitioners and advisers from different specialist backgrounds, including architects, planners, engineers, archaeologists, historians, builders, contractors, academics and many more!
IHBC Jobs etc. offers advertisers:
- Special reductions for posts specifying skills in conservation (10%) and heritage (5%)
- Additional reductions for charities (25%)
- Even more reductions for bulk sales (just ask!)
- Free cross-promotion in IHBC’s HESPR ‘Weekly News and tender Alert’, where relevant
- IHBC Jobs etc.posts feature regularly on the ever popular IHBC NewsBlogs
- Circulation data feedback as standard.
IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- 2000 specialist and personal contact network (IHBC members and non-members) by individual email
- Feature page, illustration and summary on the IHBC Jobs etc website
- IHBC website homepage scroll (c.300,000 page visits/month)
- IHBC’s social networks (c.18,000 core users; c.27,000 extended links)
Advertise your jobs, work projects and more
Remember: All IHBC members can opt in or out of the email alert service, and non-members are encouraged to sign up for free.
So you don’t miss out on your perfect job, even if you are not a member, SIGN UP for the emails alerts.
See the full list on the IHBC Jobs etc service
See more IHBC’s MATE sessions