To help employers and practitioners, the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers on the career opportunities on our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, which this round features diverse roles across charity (casework, maintenance and admin), public (regeneration) and private sectors (architect), so sign up for free alerts and ‘stay ahead’ with the IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ service!
… The IHBC Jobs etc.’ service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network…
IHBC Director Sean O’Reilly said: ‘Our headline ‘heads up’ for this round of our ‘Jobs etc’ career service includes a strong and diverse showing from the charity sector: SPAB’s, for Casework; Port Sunlight Village Trust, for a ‘Conservation and Maintenance Manager’, and administration at The Spitalfields Historic Buildings Trust.’
‘Inevitably such ‘Jobs etc’ posts reflect the exceptionally wide spectrum of roles encompassed in the skills sets represented in the IHBC Areas of Competence (AOCs) . Such practice areas are detailed in our MATE application support sessions and guidance, and in the model we use to assess interdisciplinary competence in line with international conservation practice standards’, our Conservation Cycle.’
‘Capturing this same broad diversity of career routes and practices, this round we also have posts from the private sector – such as Countryside Consultants’ call for an Architect – as well as a strong list of public sector roles. These last include Conservation Officers at Bath & NE Somerset as well as High Peak & Staffordshire Moorlands; Leicester (Building CO); Newport (Historic Building CO); Sheffield (Conservation and Design).’
Aligning less with the more regulatory, publicly-focussed roles of Conservation Officers – where our Evaluation and Management Areas of Competence are the focus – we also have posts leaning more towards the Intervention AOC, including for project officers at Knowsley (HAZ); and at Newark and Sherwood, as well as East Lothian’s senior post in Regeneration.
…East Lothian’s ‘regeneration’ post…reminder of how this county can again lead on tying together conservation and regeneration practice and skills…
Advertising East Lothian’s ‘regeneration’ post with the IHBC is an appropriate reminder of how this county can again lead on tying together conservation and regeneration practice and skills, as it did more than 50 years past with the appointment of Scotland’s first ‘conservation officer’, Frank Tindall!
On the other hand, the call from Buckinghamshire for a Heritage Officer suggests a role that may well look more to the Evaluation AOC.
Complementary roles in the private sector remain diverse but, but in posts around holidays, are understandably more scarce, They include two at ICENI (Senior Consultant and Director/Associate – Built Heritage and Townscape) and one at Lichfields’ Townscape and Visual Impact Assessment (TVIA) – Consultant/Senior Consultant post.
Taken together, our most recent posts clearly demonstrate the strong and extensive fundamentals to offer long-term prospects to those planning careers in the sector.
In summary, recent posts include those below (all with different application dates, some closed and with external links inactive).
- Purcell: Building Surveyor, London
- High Peak Borough Council and Staffordshire Moorlands District Council: Conservation Officer
- East Lothian Council: Senior Officer – Regeneration
- Countryside Consultants: Architect
- Knowsley Council: Heritage Action Zone Project Officer
- Bath & North East Somerset Council: Conservation Officer
- The Spitalfields Historic Buildings Trust: Administrator
- ICENI: Senior Consultant – Built Heritage and Townscape, London
- Leicester City Council: Building Conservation Officer
- Buckinghamshire Council: Heritage Officer
- Croydon: Senior Project Officer (Conservation)
- Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings: Casework Support Officer
- Port Sunlight Village Trust: Conservation and Maintenance Manager
- Sheffield City Council: Conservation and Design Officer
- Newark and Sherwood District Council: Heritage Action Zone Project Officer
- Lichfields: Townscape and Visual Impact Assessment (TVIA) – Consultant/Senior Consultant
- Newport City Council: Historic Building Conservation Officer
The IHBC Jobs etc.’ service reaches a uniquely diverse heritage network of practitioners and advisers from different specialist backgrounds, including architects, planners, engineers, archaeologists, historians, builders, contractors, academics and many more!
IHBC Jobs etc. offers advertisers:
- Special reductions for posts specifying skills in conservation (10%) and heritage (5%)
- Additional reductions for charities (25%)
- Even more reductions for bulk sales (just ask!)
- Free cross-promotion in IHBC’s HESPR ‘Weekly News and tender Alert’, where relevant
- IHBC Jobs etc.posts feature regularly on the ever popular IHBC NewsBlogs
- Circulation data feedback as standard.
IHBC Jobs etc offers:
- 2000 specialist and personal contact network (IHBC members and non-members) by individual email
- Feature page, illustration and summary on theIHBC Jobs etc website
- IHBC website homepage scroll (c.300,000 page visits/month)
- IHBC’s social networks (c.18,000 core users; c.27,000 extended links)
Advertise your jobs, work projects and more
Remember: All IHBC members can opt in or out of the email alert service, and non-members are encouraged to sign up for free.
So you don’t miss out on your perfect job, even if you are not a member, SIGN UP for the emails alerts.
See the full list on the IHBC Jobs etc service
See more IHBC’s MATE sessions