After welcomes from Griff Rhys Jones and others, the first session of the IHBC’s Day School on 17 June focusses on the IHBC’s ‘Management’ Area of Competence, with the Chief Executive (CE) of South Georgia & The South Sandwich Islands, on ‘Managing places’ on the edge of the globe, CE of The Circular Way on ‘heritage and the circular economy’, and Scotland’s own Miles Oglethorpe on ‘Aberdeen before and after ‘peak oil’…’.
image: Fiona Newton
The IHBC writes:
The IHBC’s Aberdeen 2022 Day School, on 17 June, offers options for both in-person attendance and ‘virtual’, online participation….
Regular ‘Question and Answer’ sessions take place across the day. To be sure to get your question to the top of the list, please submit yours as soon as possible HERE.
NB: Virtual Day School fees (or equivalent) will be reimbursed to the delegate with the most useful question submitted in advance, as selected by the Chair…..
#IHBCAberdeen2022 Session 1
ENVIRONMENT: Heritage management ‘on the edge’
- Laura Sinclair Willis, Chief Executive – Government of South Georgia & The South Sandwich Islands: Managing places in environmental extremes
- Ditte Lysgaard Vind, CEO & Founder, The Circular Way: Rethinking built heritage and the circular economy
- Miles Oglethorpe, Head of Industrial Heritage, Historic Environment Scotland (HES) and President at International Committee on the Conservation of the Industrial Heritage: Aberdeen before and after ‘peak oil’ – heritage futures in a global industry
Other sessions include:
- INNOVATION 1: Working with ‘new’ heritage
- INNOVATION 2: Working with ‘old’ heritage
- REGENERATION: ‘Recovery and resilience’
We are especially grateful to Aberdeen City Council for their support for the venue.
|Watch the promo video HERE|
See more NewsBlog background:
- IHBC’s CPD Circular: #IHBCAberdeen2022 School’s video promo + ‘pre-School’ virtual talk, 20/04
- Reminder: IHBC opens #IHBCAberdeen2022 School Booking; Hear Griff Rhys Jones (on film) and more explore ‘heritage on the edge’ with virtual and in-person options
- Griff Rhys Jones ‘in conversation’ at IHBC’s ‘blended’ 2022 Aberdeen School: On film, on heritage ‘on the edge’, and more… with delegate options outlined as booking opens 15 March!
See delegate options HERE
See more on School Main Sponsor MFL Affinity
Keep up to date on School changes and developments on the IHBC NewsBlogs.
See more on IHBC CPD
|THE IHBC IS DELIGHTED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE SUPPORT OF THE COUNCILS FOR ABERDEEN CITY AND ABERDEENSHIRE FOR THEIR DIRECT SUPPORT IN DEVELOPING AND HOSTING THE IHBC’s 2022 SCHOOL|
This event helps mark the IHBC’s 25th anniversary year: #IHBC25