The Heritage Alliance (THA) is seeking new trustees and a chair, with support events offing further guidance.
… Could you lead committed Trustees, staff and volunteers…
Are you passionate about our diverse cultural and natural heritage and the forward-facing role it could play in enriching places and communities for everyone? Do you want to make a difference by supporting the people who care for it? Could you lead committed Trustees, staff and volunteers to influence government policies and regulation, and support heritage organisations? ….
….We are looking for one Trustee to join us immediately and up to three in early 2025 to continue to build the capacity and diversity of our Board. As a sector support body committed to positive change and supporting our members to be fit for the future, we feel passionately that our Trustee Board should be truly representative of the people it serves. We therefore welcome applications from a variety of backgrounds, especially those who are under-represented on our own board and across the heritage sector.
In addition, we recognise that each member of the Board brings their own expertise, experience and skill set to the work of The Heritage Alliance, so while an interest in, or commitment to the heritage sector is essential, we are keen to consider a wider range of varied professional and lived experience, new perspectives and sound judgment.
We are particularly looking for people who have experience and skills in any of the areas below:
- Historic places of worship; gardens, parks and natural heritage; archaeology; diverse, intangible and community-based heritage, construction and commercial heritage;
- Climate Change and sustainability, planning policy, fiscal frameworks, soft power and international, local government;
- Advocacy and policy, legislative process;
- Large-scale organisational leadership.
If you are interested in the role and would like to know more about both The Heritage Alliance and being a Trustee, please do join us for an informal virtual conversation open to all potential candidates. These will be held on Zoom at the following times:
- 1pm-2pm on Thursday 8 February – register here
- 11am-12 noon on Wednesday 28 February – register here
For more details see the THA Blog