The IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School #IHBCBrighton2021 Heritage MarketPlace #IHBCMarketPlace is the perfect source for targeted learning, with lots of options across diverse practice areas – from working as a consultant and education to sealing systems and heritage roofing – but remember that some stallholders want your suggestions on what they should cover, so just let them know using our Stallholder Billboard for contacts!
… huge diversity of learning and practice insights on offer…. remarkable range of stallholders…
IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Our MarketPlace has a huge diversity of learning and practice insights on offer, across a remarkable range of stallholders and taking place over 4 fast and furious 30-minute virtual sessions either side of our virtual lunch.’
…let [Stallholders] know just what they want find out about…
‘As we’ve developed the MarketPlace we’ve also heard that some keen Stallholders want our delegates to let their contacts know just what they want find out about! Of course that’s a great way to make sure everyone can make the best use of their time!’
…4 fast and furious 30-minute virtual sessions…
‘So if you want to hear about Historic Environment Scotland’s training, or an aspect of Heritage Strategies International’s operations, or even hear the CIOB Academy explore its services, just let the Stallholder know, using the contacts list on the Stallholder Billboard, and they’ll see what they can do to help.’
‘Remember too that each session is less than 30 mins, so delegates should be sure to prepare well, by exploring the background research and reading before the event. For IHBC members especially that also extends the 7 hours of recognised CPD already on offer!’
Stalls offering delegates services, messages, learning and more at the 2021 School MarketPlace include:
- Holland Heritage: Managing change – the role of the heritage consultant
- Crenellated Arts: To be confirmed
- Ancient Monuments Society: Casework practice and profiles from a national amenity society
- Building Crafts College: Understanding, delivering and experiencing conservation training resources and strategies in the BCC
- Scottish Lime Centre: Challenges in delivering vocational training and ‘upskilling’ services
- The Cockburn Association: Working with local communities living in a global destination
- Natural Stone Specialist: Understanding and accessing networks and issues in the stone industry
- IHBC Enterprises Ltd: Research in practice – Case study in assessing capacity in local authority conservation services.
- The Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC): An introduction to the free IHBC MATE suite of sessions and linked services, including the IHBC’s Selfstarter
- Welsh School of Architecture, Cardiff University… ‘outline the keys issues… and possible funding opportunities’
- TheUrbanGlow Design & Heritage Ltd: ‘… telling the story of places in an accessible way. From videos… to understanding how to create a Local List…’
- Keymer Tiles Ltd Looking at ‘…the roots of traditional heritage roofing and… the modern day challenges’
- TDR Heritage Ltd: ‘… ‘Top Tips’ [and] … information about further training opportunities, alongside our high street and regeneration schemes’
- Historic Environment Scotland: ‘Happy to be advised by IHBC School MarketPlace delegates. Please feel free to get in touch with us.
- Heritage Strategies International Stall 1: ‘… the Main Street Approach, an downtown/commercial corridor economic development strategy through heritage conservation prevalent in the United States’
- Heritage Strategies International Stall 2: ‘… incentives and policy tools for heritage conservation’
- Heritage Strategies International Stall 3: Happy to be advised by IHBC School MarketPlace delegates. Please feel free to get in touch with us.
- IHBC Conservation Places and People (CPP) All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) Secretariat/David Blackman: Offering ‘Lessons in serving as Secretariat to an active APPG
- Heritage Trust Network: On ‘Solutions that trusts and community groups can offer to heritage at risk
- Designing Buildings Wiki: Answering ‘the serious problems practitioners have accessing knowledge’
- Barton Willmore Heritage: Which is ‘happy to be advised by IHBC School MarketPlace delegates’
- BEFS, though ‘but are unable to open their stall on the day due to capacity’ which is promoting its Advocacy Tookit.
- Murphy Associates, on Casework case studies from the Brighton & Hove area
- CIOB Academy, which is suggests delegates to get in touch on priorities
- The Energy Savers Ltd, on ‘… the Quattro Seal draught sealing system has been used in hundreds of historic sites’
- Historic England (Listing), with an update on the Building Preservation Notice indemnification pilot, to increase awareness of interim protection methods.
- Pevsner Architectural Guides – Yale University:‘Capacity on the day means that we’re not able to open our stall..’but ‘…’Charles O’Brien will take questions as part of his afternoon presentation on 18 June, linked to local listing.’
- Icon, the Institute of Conservation: ‘… find out more about Icon’s Professional Standards and Accreditation, how this can help heritage professionals, and how to identify an Accredited specialist conservator who could help with your project…
- National Lottery Heritage Fund: ‘….The session will focus on our mandatory outcome to engage a wider range of people and our other funding priorities including organisational resilience.
- Hirst Conservation Ltd: ‘Happy to be advised by IHBC School MarketPlace delegates’
- Rebuilding Heritage: ‘…. find out about the support on offer and how it can help your organisation or business and get tips on submitting your application…..’
- Historic Environment Scotland/University of Stirling: ‘Happy to be advised by IHBC School MarketPlace delegates….’
See more on the School Heritage MarketPlace
See the IHBC’s own Stall ‘Billboard’
Special rates for select IHBC networks: for details and to book see HERE
For more background see the NewsBlog