Cadw seeks applications for up to three Non-Executive Members with relevant experience and expertise for its Board, with skills in community, conservation and commerce, and closing 13 May.
… conservation of the historic built environment…. community heritage…. commercial and marketing expertise…
We are seeking applications for up to three Non-Executive Members to the Cadw Board with relevant experience and expertise in one, or more, of the following fields:
- conservation of the historic built environment – to support and advise on the work of the specialist Cadw teams, working both on Cadw monuments and the wider historic assets of Wales
- community heritage – and in particular the heritage of all parts of the rich and diverse nature of Welsh society. We would be particularly keen to appoint someone with ‘lived experience’ who can provide advice, support and leadership from the perspective of Black, Asian and minority ethnic people. This would be very much in line with the emerging Race Equality Action plan.
- commercial and marketing expertise – in particular with knowledge and experience of income generating opportunities from working with historic sites.
We are looking for board members who have the ability to:
- develop an in-depth insight into the issues facing the historic environment and help shape long term strategies focused on adding value for the citizens of Wales
- constructively challenge decision-making, assumptions and processes to create an effective organisation
- interpret a wide range of financial and performance information, using this to evaluate performance and continually question the value of activities against strategic priorities
- demonstrate sound judgment and make effective decisions
- build mutually supportive working relationships with other board members and the executive.
To apply for this exciting and unique opportunity please read the ‘Background Information for Candidates’ and ‘Terms of Reference’ documents before submitting a Personal Statement and your CV by:
5pm on Friday 13 May 2022 via email to Cadw@gov.wales (using the Header ‘Application for Non-Executive member of Cadw board’).