The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s publications, and this week features Global Construction Review on Getty funding and ‘Preserving the Modern’.
image: GCR website
Global Construction Review writes:
The Getty Foundation awarded grants as part of its ‘Keeping It Modern’ initiative, aiming to preserve 20th Century architecture.
Some of the awards are listed below:
- Rietveld Academie, Amsterdam, Netherlands (architect: Gerrit Rietveld)
- Swimming Pools, Leça, Portugal (architect: Álvaro Siza, 1966): €100,000 will be spent on concrete repair and the development of a conservation management plan.
- Kuwait Towers, Kuwait City, Kuwait (architect: Malene Bjørn, 1976)
- Monasterio Benedictino de la Santísima Trinidad de las Condes, Santiago, Chile (architects: Brother Martín Correa and Gabriel Guarda OSB, 1964)
- White Tower, Ekaterinburg, Russia (architect: Moisei Reisher, 1929-31
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium (Carlo Fumarola/CC BY-SA 3.0)
- Tecton Buildings at Dudley Zoo and Castle, Dudley, West Midlands, United Kingdom (architects: Berthold Lubetkin and the Tecton Group, 1937)
For more on HESPR and how to become a HESPR member see hespr.ihbc.org.uk
For a free promotion of your tendering opportunities and work needs to the IHBC’s HESPR members, please send details and links to Joanna at email@example.com, as soon as possible.
Tenders can also be advertised for a fee with IHBC Jobs etc, including a targeted email to 2000+ recipients as well as full coverage on our NewsBlog alerts and social platforms (membership and followers c.18,000) and websites with c. 290,000 visits a month. Contact Joanna at firstname.lastname@example.org