Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC Launches new ‘Guidance Note’ on ToolBox: Alterations to Listed Buildings’ 15/01/2021
- Parliamentary Inquiry Open: ‘21st Century Places: Values and benefits’ APPG call for evidence closes 29 January 15/01/2021
- IHBC research signpost: Resources on the Buildings of Ireland 15/01/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290+K costed works: Island authority seeks Design Guide, closing 02/02, valued at £40K. 15/01/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gang members jailed after £2M lead thefts from churches in Lincolnshire and beyond 15/01/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plymouth and more set to receive millions from Future High Streets etc. funds 15/01/2021
- Parliament’s ‘Northern Estate’ refurbishment plans halted 15/01/2021
- Hollywood stars join fight to save Oscar Wilde’s prison from developers 15/01/2021
- UKGBC launches project to develop a ‘Net Zero Whole Life Carbon Roadmap’ for COP26 15/01/2021
- Winners of the 2020 Street Design Awards announced 15/01/2021
- SLC: Scotland’s new protocol on local authority management of Common Good Land 15/01/2021
- Membership of England’s Urban Centre Recovery Task Force 15/01/2021
- Historic Old Course clubhouse to host female lockers for first time after revamp approved 15/01/2021
- IHBC hosts HESPR forum: ‘Exploring new support initiatives with HESPR members’ 12/01/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR second pick from £198+K costed works: National heritage partnership seeks ‘walks’, closing 01/02, valued £69K+ 12/01/2021
- IHBC research signpost: ARCHIDICT an illustrative multilingual dictionary 12/01/2021
- Cardiff Museum of Military Medicine plans go-head despite petition 12/01/2021
- DSWA congratulates new master craftsman 12/01/2021
- Procurement rule changes to help SMEs 12/01/2021
- Industry leaders back £525bn home improvement plan 12/01/2021
- Thousands of trees planted as Network Rail’s £1 million pledge takes root across the country 12/01/2021
- URBACT on small cities surviving Covid-19: ‘Without frequent sharing we would have felt more alone’ 12/01/2021
- £165M+ in repayable finance announced to support Culture Recovery Fund 12/01/2021
- New STBA Website 12/01/2021
- Caithness Iron Age stone tower conserved 12/01/2021
Daily Archives: 08/01/2021
IHBC’s first CPD Circular for 2021 now out: Accessible cross-sector learning support, with career, awards and more opportunities too!
The IHBC’s first CPD Circular of 2021 has been issued, ‘providing our members and their networks with up-to-date information on continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities and information’, alongside our signposting to ‘Awards, Placements, Bursaries & Scholarships, and Calls for Papers’.
The IHBC has submitted its response to Historic England’s (HE’s) HEAN 7 (Historic England Advice Note 7 (Second Edition) on Local Heritage Listing: Identifying and Conserving Local Heritage, which will supersede the 2016 edition and reflect the changes made to … Continue reading
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Part of Imperial War Museum, Duxford, among the youngest of listed buildings
Part of the Imperial War Museum, the American Air Museum at Duxford, Cambridgeshire – Europe’s largest air museum and Britain’s best-preserved Second World War airfield – has been included in Grade II* listing, even though technically too recent.
IHBC CPD research signpost: Green Recovery from Covid-19, and alignment with Scottish Government Plans, from the SPDP
Green recovery seeks to achieve the dual aims of lifting an economy out of recession, and society out of a crisis, alongside protecting and improving the environment, according to a briefing from the Scottish Parliament Digital Publications (SPDP) which sets … Continue reading
Funding from the Future High Streets Fund to help 72 areas in England to recover from the pandemic and deliver ambitious regeneration plans, the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) has announced. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) will work with President-Elect Biden to reverse the executive order ‘Promoting Beautiful Federal Civic Architecture’, signed by President Trump.
Developers yet to seek planning permission for 1Million+ homes already allocated in local plans– LGA research
A new Local Government Association (LGA) analysis, compiled following a survey of council heads of planning, estimates that more than a third (1,003,600) of the 2,676,200 homes allocated in current local plans in England have not even been submitted into … Continue reading
The Consultation Institute (TCI) has responded to the Government’s consultation on Planning for the Future in England.
As the international link body Climate Heritage Network (CHN) turns 1 year old, it has reported back on 2020.
Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards nominations are closing on 11 January, with three award categories: ‘Heritage In Lockdown Hero’, ‘Supporting the Sector in Lockdown’, and ‘Digital Heritage Hero’.
The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has revealed the 15 finalists in its Art of Building Photographer of the Year competition.