Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC launches 2021 Brighton School – #IHBCBrighton2021, 17-18 June (1 & 2 day options) including new learning-led Heritage MarketPlace, from £25+VAT (early bird) 26/02/2021
- IHBC’s new learning and networking resource for all: 2021 Brighton School’s ‘Heritage MarketPlace’, with stalls from £100+VAT: 18 June 2021 (IHBC network reductions may apply) 26/02/2021
- IHBC Welcomes MFL Affinity as Principal Sponsor for the 2021 Brighton School 26/02/2021
- IHBC practice signpost: Scottish Government on new publications – Technical handbooks for use from 1 March 2021 26/02/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £3.5M+ costed works: Council seeks Landscape Sensitivity Assessment, closing 10/03 26/02/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Aberdeen cafe evacuated after part of building collapses 26/02/2021
- Countryside Stewardship Scheme now open for 2021 applications 26/02/2021
- Panellists appointed to the London Mayor’s Commission for Diversity in the Public Realm 26/02/2021
- CLC adopts national retrofit strategy: Consultation closing 1 March 26/02/2021
- Call for EOIs in Scotland’s ‘Climate Beacons’ for COP 26: Closing 01/03 26/02/2021
- Hammersmith Bridge illuminated red in Valentine’s Day message to Government 26/02/2021
- IHBC’s FREE CPD Taster: John Edwards on ‘Introducing Building Survey for Retrofit’, 29/03, 1pm-2pm 23/02/2021
- IHBC’s newest Recognised CPD Provider – TGR – offers 10% discount on events to IHBC members 23/02/2021
- IHBC research Signpost: DCMS on ‘Rapid Evidence Assessment: Culture and Heritage Valuation Studies’ 23/02/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: PBC & Arup on drones 23/02/2021
- HE, HAZ and more: 10 new films imagine the future of the High Street, from 2 March 23/02/2021
- Virtual CSCS cards launched together with a new app 23/02/2021
- National Churches Trust Budget Representation 2021: Making the financial case 23/02/2021
- Welsh Government Written Statement on second homes 23/02/2021
- Defra etc: New £10M fund to drive private sector investment in nature 23/02/2021
- Legislative proposals to address impact of Scotland’s concentration of land ownership 23/02/2021
- Enter the Brick Awards for 2021: Free, closing 14/05 23/02/2021
- IHBC’s ‘members only’ first Council and General Meeting of 2021: Free, 26 March, 1pm – eligible members called on to use proxy votes 19/02/2021
- IHBC ToolBox Guidance on ‘Retrofit’: New update 19/02/2021
- IHBC research signpost: Engine Shed Technical Paper 34 – ‘Energy consumption and behaviour profiles for eight… dwellings’ 19/02/2021
Daily Archives: 15/01/2021
The IHBC’s latest Toolbox Guidance Note, on ‘Alterations to Listed Buildings’ has been issued following UK-wide consultation.
Parliamentary Inquiry Open: ‘21st Century Places: Values and benefits’ APPG call for evidence closes 29 January
Westminster’s new All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on ‘Conservation, Places and People’ (CPP APPG), chaired by Layla Moran MP and with the IHBC as its Secretariat, has launched its first Inquiry into ‘21st Century Places – Values & Benefits‘, a wide-ranging … Continue reading
A ‘Buildings of Ireland’ programme has created links to Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage publications and statutory guidance, relevant legislation, local contacts, resources and reports etc.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290+K costed works: Island authority seeks Design Guide, closing 02/02, valued at £40K.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s second pick features … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gang members jailed after £2M lead thefts from churches in Lincolnshire and beyond
A prolific gang stripped the lead from dozens of rural churches across England, including Billingborough and Normanton – causing utter devastation to village communities – reports The Grantham Journal, as part of a two-year crime spree that left churches with … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plymouth and more set to receive millions from Future High Streets etc. funds
Towns and cities across Devon and Cornwall are celebrating after being awarded millions of pounds to transform their town centres, as Plymouth, along with Paignton, Newton Abbot, Barnstaple and Penzance have received confirmation of the success of their bids from … Continue reading
Parliament’s Northern Estate programme to refurbish nearby Westminster buildings for use by MPs during the restoration of the House of Commons has been shut down, with a letter informing the delivery teams ‘of closure of the Northern Estate Programme’ in … Continue reading
Hollywood actors Sir Kenneth Branagh and Dame Judi Dench are among those campaigning to transform Reading’s former jail – which housed Oscar Wilde between 1895 and 1897, but has been derelict since 2013, before it was put up for sale … Continue reading
United Kingdome Green Building Council (UKGBC) is embarking on an ambitious new project: the development of a net zero whole life carbon roadmap, for launch at COP26.
The winners of the 2020 Street Design Awards – celebrating innovation and best practice in street design across the UK – hgave been announced. image: Portsmouth Spinnaker Tower – LocalGov website
Clear expectations on the management of Common Good land by local authorities will help make the most of this unique form of ownership for communities, says the latest protocol from the Scottish Land Commission (SLC).
Details have been announced of the task force members who have offered their time and expert advice as government considers how best to support our cities to thrive. image: for illustration purposes only – Fiona Newton
Ambitious plans to transform the Royal and Ancient (R&A) clubhouse at the Old Course in St Andrews have been given the green light, and will see the female locker rooms located within the main clubhouse for the very first time.