Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s Feedback Report for #IHBCAberdeen2022 School and MarketPlace: 90%+ all round; ‘Topical, informative, & inspiring…’ 12/08/2022
- IHBC welcomes Vic Soc’s Welsh Heritage Day, Cardiff 3/09, with Griff and more: How to help save our… architectural heritage 12/08/2022
- REMEMBER: IHBC’s Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 12/08/2022
- IHBC Signpost: BSI introduces best practice guidance standards – The built environment’s journey to net zero 12/08/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £900K of recent works: Heritage body seeks data analysis, closing 12/09, valued to £15K 12/08/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (construction awards) doorstep’: Conversion of Kirkcaldy LB wins 3 environmental awards 12/08/2022
- Help ‘Shape the Future Work’ of the Heritage Fund: Heritage sector workers survey open to 5/09 12/08/2022
- Liverpool Council sets out tall buildings policy 12/08/2022
- Latest housing data: 1.9M households affected by overheating 12/08/2022
- Funding for 57 new projects across England for ‘our nation’s working-class heritage’: HE’s ‘Everyday Heritage Grants’ 12/08/2022
- RTPI research project on UK & Ireland Rural Planning in the 2020s published 12/08/2022
- Designers unite to meet climate challenges through £25m fund 12/08/2022
- National Trust reveals new plans for fire ravaged Clandon Park: Unique ‘X-ray’ view of how a country house is made 12/08/2022
- IHBC’s response to Parliamentary Committee on Levelling-Up and Regeneration Bill: Without capacity, ‘little realistic prospect’ of delivery 09/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC Wales Branch FREE CPD + reception: Looking to #IHBCSwansea2023 and #IHBC25 – 5/09 09/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 09/08/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: Designing Buildings on Branch & volunteer support for 25th Anniversary (#IHBC25) initiatives 09/08/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (LG) doorstep’: LocalGov highlights historic docklands receiving £233m for infrastructure 09/08/2022
- AHF Wales Funding Announcement 2022-23 09/08/2022
- SAVE crowdfunds for M&S public inquiry objections 09/08/2022
- Heritage Fund: £2M to help heritage sector build back after the pandemic 09/08/2022
- Hammersmith Bridge wrapped in foil during heatwave 09/08/2022
- IHBC Toolbox latest Guidance Note: Using S.19 on amendments to LBC 05/08/2022
- IHBC Wales Branch FREE CPD + reception: Looking to #IHBCSwansea2023 and #IHBC25 – 5/09 05/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 05/08/2022
Daily Archives: 31/08/2021
Anyone seeking dedicated conservation practice services or advice now has easy access to the IHBC’s help on our Homepage.
Having helped complete the delivery of phase one of the new St James Quarter in Edinburgh, BDP has shared some insight into how it is designed with the movement of people in mind and delivers a real step change for … Continue reading
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features Archdaily on The Stigma’ of Affordable Housing.
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (church) doorstep’: Visitors to St Alban’s Cathedral can see restored shrine of St Amphibalus and of St Alban
Visitors to the Cathedral can see the medieval shrine of St Amphibalus restored to its former glory, making it the first time in centuries that the Cathedral’s two medieval shrines can be appreciated together in their fully restored grandeur.
LDA Design has been appointed by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) to research the role of design codes in achieving net zero targets and promoting nature recovery.
The Building Safety Alliance, an independent industry led ‘not for profit’ organisation has been launched with the purpose of implementing the certification of competent individuals wishing to deliver the role of building safety manager (BSM) and a publicly accessible register … Continue reading
New changes to the Highway Code will give pedestrians greater priority over cars at junctions and crossings, the transport secretary has announced. image: By Unknown – Safe Driving for Life, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=58564648
Charities urge action on unsuitable & inaccessible homes as 1M households live in homes that don’t meet needs
The Centre for Ageing Better and Habinteg are urging action from government on the number of disabled and older people living in unsuitable and inaccessible homes.
CHARTER Brainstorms In Riga – Our Joint Venture In Building A Conceptual Matrix For Cultural Heritage
A summary account of the work the CHARTER Alliance went through during our first official workshop encounter, virtually hosted from Riga, is outlined by Elis Marçal.
New research delves into how to attract Generation Z to a career in Construction as fewer than one-third would consider a career there, with 57% of women and girls in the age category still put off the industry because of … Continue reading