Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- 2021 School delegate survey issued: Top marks for relevance (98.2%), CPD support (83.64%), & Friday (c.94%) 19/10/2021
- IHBC Communications and Outreach Strategy 2021-24 now online 19/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on RIBA ‘Decarbonising’ report 19/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inside the abandoned American cottage that overlooks a North Wales village 19/10/2021
- Welsh Government’s plan to tackle town centre regeneration 19/10/2021
- AHF: We are seeking two new trustees! 19/10/2021
- THA announces Pam Alexander OBE as new Chair 19/10/2021
- HSE: Who is responsible for the death of builders? 19/10/2021
- National Infrastructure Planning Reform Programme: stakeholder survey announced, closing 17/12 19/10/2021
- 30 years in the making: HE opens aerial photography project to the public 19/10/2021
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
Daily Archives: 31/08/2021
Anyone seeking dedicated conservation practice services or advice now has easy access to the IHBC’s help on our Homepage.
Having helped complete the delivery of phase one of the new St James Quarter in Edinburgh, BDP has shared some insight into how it is designed with the movement of people in mind and delivers a real step change for … Continue reading
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features Archdaily on The Stigma’ of Affordable Housing.
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (church) doorstep’: Visitors to St Alban’s Cathedral can see restored shrine of St Amphibalus and of St Alban
Visitors to the Cathedral can see the medieval shrine of St Amphibalus restored to its former glory, making it the first time in centuries that the Cathedral’s two medieval shrines can be appreciated together in their fully restored grandeur.
LDA Design has been appointed by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) to research the role of design codes in achieving net zero targets and promoting nature recovery.
The Building Safety Alliance, an independent industry led ‘not for profit’ organisation has been launched with the purpose of implementing the certification of competent individuals wishing to deliver the role of building safety manager (BSM) and a publicly accessible register … Continue reading
New changes to the Highway Code will give pedestrians greater priority over cars at junctions and crossings, the transport secretary has announced. image: By Unknown – Safe Driving for Life, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=58564648
Charities urge action on unsuitable & inaccessible homes as 1M households live in homes that don’t meet needs
The Centre for Ageing Better and Habinteg are urging action from government on the number of disabled and older people living in unsuitable and inaccessible homes.
CHARTER Brainstorms In Riga – Our Joint Venture In Building A Conceptual Matrix For Cultural Heritage
A summary account of the work the CHARTER Alliance went through during our first official workshop encounter, virtually hosted from Riga, is outlined by Elis Marçal.
New research delves into how to attract Generation Z to a career in Construction as fewer than one-third would consider a career there, with 57% of women and girls in the age category still put off the industry because of … Continue reading