Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2020 AGM update 1: 3 December, online, with ‘CP25’ and new governance ‘Articles’, but Council+ postponed to 2021 25/09/2020
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s HESPR-linked service promotion is now even more accessible to clients when using our map-based search 25/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £2.1M+ costed works: Council seeks PM services, closing 1/10 and valued at £104K 25/09/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Heritage Trail proposals to highlight landmarks in St Albans 25/09/2020
- New appointments for design and heritage in England’s planning: Nicholas Boys Smith and Charles O’Brien 25/09/2020
- Government’s £40M Green Recovery Challenge Fund: Up to £40M & 100% project costs! 25/09/2020
- TCPA Report: ‘No place for place-making’, and how planning is bypassed via PDR 25/09/2020
- Ireland’s Architectural heritage protection laws could be reviewed, looking to the UK’s staged approach 25/09/2020
- Rebuilding Heritage support programme: ‘From Survival to Sustainability’ 25/09/2020
- Scotland’s PAS seeks EOIs for funding from the ‘smarter choices smarter places’ fund: Closing 28/09 25/09/2020
- Robert Jenrick’s speech on planning for the future: 21/09 25/09/2020
- Green Homes Grant skills training competition, closing 14/10 25/09/2020
- BBC Visual and Data Journalism team visualise what coronavirus will do to our offices and homes 25/09/2020
- IHBC submits evidence to Commons Select Committee Inquiry on ‘Supporting our High Streets after Covid-19’ 22/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Construction Declares and the energy minister meeting, from Building 22/09/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Union Chain Bridge gets £250K injection for refurbishment 22/09/2020
- The future of architect regulation: ARB’s call for evidence, closing 23 October 22/09/2020
- CIAT Chartered Practice launched 22/09/2020
- Heritage science case study: The benefits of burying stone, from HE via Stone Specialist 22/09/2020
- Oxford City Council announces new partner for Design Review Panel: Design South East 22/09/2020
- CIC launches Design Quality Indicator for Health 2 22/09/2020
- HES: Is history and heritage good for your health? 22/09/2020
- IHBC’s new Context out now! Nourish your CPD with food, drink and conservation – all in new compostable envelopes too! 18/09/2020
- Construction Manager features launch of UK APPG: ‘Conservation, People and Places’, with IHBC as secretariat 18/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £487K+ costed posts: Council seeks archaeological scheme, closing 13/10, valued £230K 18/09/2020
Daily Archives: 10/04/2020
IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School postponed to 2021, as 2020 School goes virtual, on ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’ confronted by a global pandemic, June 19, online and interactive
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School has to be postponed to 2021 – with details to be confirmed later – but the IHBC carries on unbowed as we re-imagine our annual CPD highlight as a shorter … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2020 AGM postponed: Provisionally re-scheduled to December 3, London, tied to IHBC’s Council+ plans
With the postponement of the IHBC’s 2020 Annual School planned for Brighton, the AGM also is postponed, with plans currently – and subject to COVID-19 impacts – for the AGM to take place on December, linked to an exisiting booking … Continue reading
Historic England (HE) has opened a short survey seeking reposnses on how sector bodies are being affected by the current pandemic.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 12: Seeking skills due to slow work or furlough? Why not publish that Conservation Wiki article you always longed time for?
Using the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki, and its host platform Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base – IHBC members can take the opportunity to publish on that subject you’ve planned for so long, on any construction industry … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week: English BC seeks HAZ related (Technical Design) services, closing 13/04, valued £5000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Conservation from the doorstep’: Shildon’s railway heritage gets a new lease of life with conservation experts
Work is underway to give several buildings a new lease of life at Locomotion in Shildon, following the appointment of building contractor, VEST Construction (VEST) of Bishop Auckland, reports The Northern Echo.
Scottish Government is funding research into advice and support to resolve disputes over shared upkeep of tenements. Image: Commons Wikimedia – Thomas Nugent / Dudley Drive
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) is currently undertaking a review of the survey needs of the department, including the Taking Part survey, closing 1 June 2020.
Due to the unfolding Covid-19 situation and the challenges this presents for applicants in putting together applications the AHRC has extended the deadline for this call to Tuesday 21st April 2020.
The RTPI Awards for Research Excellence recognise and promote high quality, impactful spatial planning research carried out by chartered members and accredited planning schools from around the world and are open for entries until 18 May at 5pm.
Quartermain outlines government support for PAs under Covid-1 in final letter as England’s chief planner
England’s chief planner Steve Quartermain has encouraged local planning authorities to use technology to continue their service and ensure that discussions and consultations can go ahead during the outbreak of coronavirus (Covid-19).
A facility used for testing nuclear submarine reactors in Dounreay, Scotland is to be demolished by the 2030s.