Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2020 AGM update 1: 3 December, online, with ‘CP25’ and new governance ‘Articles’, but Council+ postponed to 2021 25/09/2020
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s HESPR-linked service promotion is now even more accessible to clients when using our map-based search 25/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £2.1M+ costed works: Council seeks PM services, closing 1/10 and valued at £104K 25/09/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Heritage Trail proposals to highlight landmarks in St Albans 25/09/2020
- New appointments for design and heritage in England’s planning: Nicholas Boys Smith and Charles O’Brien 25/09/2020
- Government’s £40M Green Recovery Challenge Fund: Up to £40M & 100% project costs! 25/09/2020
- TCPA Report: ‘No place for place-making’, and how planning is bypassed via PDR 25/09/2020
- Ireland’s Architectural heritage protection laws could be reviewed, looking to the UK’s staged approach 25/09/2020
- Rebuilding Heritage support programme: ‘From Survival to Sustainability’ 25/09/2020
- Scotland’s PAS seeks EOIs for funding from the ‘smarter choices smarter places’ fund: Closing 28/09 25/09/2020
- Robert Jenrick’s speech on planning for the future: 21/09 25/09/2020
- Green Homes Grant skills training competition, closing 14/10 25/09/2020
- BBC Visual and Data Journalism team visualise what coronavirus will do to our offices and homes 25/09/2020
- IHBC submits evidence to Commons Select Committee Inquiry on ‘Supporting our High Streets after Covid-19’ 22/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Construction Declares and the energy minister meeting, from Building 22/09/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Union Chain Bridge gets £250K injection for refurbishment 22/09/2020
- The future of architect regulation: ARB’s call for evidence, closing 23 October 22/09/2020
- CIAT Chartered Practice launched 22/09/2020
- Heritage science case study: The benefits of burying stone, from HE via Stone Specialist 22/09/2020
- Oxford City Council announces new partner for Design Review Panel: Design South East 22/09/2020
- CIC launches Design Quality Indicator for Health 2 22/09/2020
- HES: Is history and heritage good for your health? 22/09/2020
- IHBC’s new Context out now! Nourish your CPD with food, drink and conservation – all in new compostable envelopes too! 18/09/2020
- Construction Manager features launch of UK APPG: ‘Conservation, People and Places’, with IHBC as secretariat 18/09/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £487K+ costed posts: Council seeks archaeological scheme, closing 13/10, valued £230K 18/09/2020
Daily Archives: 24/04/2020
IHBC’s 2020 ‘Virtual School’ – #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 – Programme outline available: Heritage Reflections and Speculations from a Global Pandemic, June 19, online and interactive, sessions starting at £15+VAT
With most leads agreed – including Carl Elefante, 94th President of The American Institute of Architects and architect Plácido González Martínez, Professor at Tongji University, Shanghai, and Executive Editor of digital journal Built Heritage – and with delegate places limited, … Continue reading
IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’: Making ‘lockdown-compliant’ training and CPD more accessible, with guidance too!
The IHBC has circulated its current ‘CPD Circular’, with lockdown-compliant briefing and content, that still offers the same consolidated access to the best of the IHBC’s own Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as well as opportunities from ‘IHBC Recognised CPD Providers’ … Continue reading
Historic England has launched an emergency fund to help tackle the impact of Coronavirus on the heritage sector, with grants of up to £25,000 to address financial difficulties arising from Coronavirus and grants of £50,000 also available for projects and … Continue reading
The heritage Legislation and Policy Team in the Welsh Government has issued its most recent update on delevopments there, including on issues relating to COVID-19.
The RIBA has urged all members to carefully consider the implications of the current period of disruption for themselves and their businesses, and to keep up to date with all official advice and guidance, in a report last updated on … Continue reading
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 28: ESPON resource seeks and offers local and regional responses to COVID19
EU link body ESPON hosts a web resource that seeks to ‘pool best practices and local/regional initiatives and territorial policy responses’ and continues to seek new links to relevant resources.
Building control bodies are being urged to undertake normal, regular site inspections where they can be done safely, under new government coronavirus guidelines as, in an update on the application of Building Regulations during the Covid-19 outbreak, the Ministry for … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £23M+ costed works: Scottish Council seeks PM for village regen, closing 12/05, no value stated
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Netflix set to move into TV studios on Ashford railway works site
Video streaming giant Netflix is set to make new film and TV studios in Ashford its UK base, KentOnline understands.
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) is calling for projects representing ‘best practice case study to illustrate the breadth of activity undertaken in the historic environment in Scotland’, so they can be added to their Historic Environment Case Studies database and … Continue reading
New service launched linking up organisations and senior advisors that ‘bridges the gap between work and retirement for construction professionals’
A new service has been launched that bridges the gap between work and retirement for construction professionals. ProTem.online is a network that capitalises on the experience of professionals approaching retirement, enabling organisations to hire some of the best brains in … Continue reading
A huge bridge section has collapsed in Tuscany, the latest case of Italy’s infrastructure crumbling after years of neglect.