Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular School Edition update: Lord Kerslake welcomes; School sponsors MFL Affinity takes MarketPlace Stall, and much more! 16/06/2021
- ‘Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s heritage from Design to Economics, from £30+VAT: Jan Gehl (Design) + Donovan Rypkema (Economics) + High Streets + Lottery + Local listing + Participation – Book now and ask questions early! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: News selection form IHBC virtual 2021 School MarketPlace Stallholder Designing Buildings Wiki 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Video marks end of Inverness Townscape Heritage Project 16/06/2021
- RTPI announces launch of new network for politicians involved in planning 16/06/2021
- Design Council: Using design as a force for change 16/06/2021
- CITB on Levy Proposals and Consultation 16/06/2021
- BSI: New competence standards for work in buildings 16/06/2021
- Government urged to support creation of thousands of new green jobs in areas with greatest employment challenges 16/06/2021
- IHBC Signpost: Leonardo da Vinci Designs the Ideal City: See 3D Models of His Radical Design 16/06/2021
- Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back! 11/06/2021
- Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06! 11/06/2021
- Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want! 11/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 11/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250 11/06/2021
- Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer 11/06/2021
- Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites 11/06/2021
- AHF 2020/21 ‘Impact Report’ now out: To ‘evaluate our overarching impact’ 11/06/2021
- HES: New plan to promote equality, diversity and inclusion from IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder 11/06/2021
- Now out: Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities 11/06/2021
- IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality 11/06/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more! 08/06/2021
- IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings. 08/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 08/06/2021
Daily Archives: 11/05/2021
IHBC’s Day School afternoon spotlight on ‘Examining changes’: US heritage economist Donovan Rypkema leads to England’s local listing adviser and Scotland’s Director of Heritage
The IHBC’s Day School afternoon webinar on 18 June– on ‘Examining changes’ in places – the IHBC hosts Donovan Rypkema, lead heritage economist in the US, with Charles O’Brien, England’s Local Listing Heritage Adviser, and Elizabeth McCrone Historic Environment Scotland‘s … Continue reading
New data is sought for IHBC’s ‘LB Prosecutions Database’ so if you have been involved with a case please forward the details to Bob Kindred at firstname.lastname@example.org – preferably with the data used in our online table linked below.
IHBC’s Day School #IHBCMarketPlace offers web ‘Billboard’ listing + Day School for c.£100+VAT, to hear Jan Gehl, Donovan Rypkema, and more on ‘Historic Places: People Places’!
Businesses, suppliers, charities, societies, trusts and others can access the IHBC’s 2021 School and delegates – including our Day School content – for around £100+VAT, with a stall at our virtual School ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ on 18 June. #IHBCBrighton2021 #IHBCMarketPlace. brighton2021.ihbc.org.uk
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: On ‘turning office and retail units into residential…’ from DBW
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, which this week features a post from Designing Buildings Wiki on ‘turning office and retail units … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Hereford historic rectory to be demolished in favour of homes
Plans to demolish a historic Hereford rectory and replace it with nine homes have been given the go-ahead, reports The Hereford Times.
A High Court judge has dismissed a legal challenge seeking to extend local authority (LA) remote meetings beyond 6 May, noting that it recognised ‘powerful arguments in favour of permitting remote meetings’ but that ‘there are also arguments against doing … Continue reading
The owner of Edinburgh’s Jenners building has begun an investigation after signs bearing its name were removed from the landmark shop. image: for illustration purposes only – CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=643575
Research from the University of Derby has devised five ‘pathways’ which the National Trust (NT) is using to help people form a stronger connection with nature.
England’s Government introduces two funds to support the uptake of neighbourhood planning. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
A section of the Ulster Canal, a disused canal in the border region of Monaghan and Fermanagh, will be restored and reopened as a public amenity more than 90 years after it was abandoned.