Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s 2022 School, #IHBCAberdeen2022 – Delving deeper: Culture Secretary’s valuing, and how virtual delegates matter 24/06/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR weekly pick from £98K+ works: Scottish council seeks design services for place/community project, closing 14/07 24/06/2022
- Reminder: IHBC’s 2022 School, #IHBCAberdeen2022 – your feedback counts! 24/06/2022
- Reminder: #IHBCMarketPlace – Delegate Feedback 24/06/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Bedford Corn Exchange listed GII 24/06/2022
- M&S blasts Gove after Oxford St rebuild plan called in 24/06/2022
- Europa Nostra’s 7 Most Endangered Programme 2023: Call for Nominations (closing 15/09) 24/06/2022
- HE updates on HAZ: ‘Successful Heritage Regeneration… Revived Historic Towns’ 24/06/2022
- DCMS Create Growth Programme: Closing 7/07 24/06/2022
- NT unveils heritage crafts apprenticeship scheme 24/06/2022
- Airbnb seeks applications to $10M OMG! Fund to help 100 people build ‘the world’s craziest spaces’ 24/06/2022
- Thanks to all for #IHBCAberdeen2022 as it makes historic #IHBC25 anniversary success as first blended: ‘a triumphant return…’ with c.250 delegates in person, online or on record 21/06/2022
- #IHBCAberdeen2022 featured Fraserburgh regen picked for Scotland’s top planning award 21/06/2022
- IHBC welcomes Civic Voice survey for National Civic Day 2022: ‘Are you proud of your local high street?’ 21/06/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR weekly pick: Welsh Council seeks design services for castle project, closing 11/07 21/06/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest News’: LOTS – Living over the Shop – from John Lewis, via Waitrose 21/06/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (vanishing) doorstep’: Entire village could be redeveloped… Penrhos Polish Village in Pwllheli demolished 21/06/2022
- England’s Heritage Open Days 2022 Directory Live: Register your event now! 21/06/2022
- Five landmark nature recovery projects launched in England: Protect wildlife and improve public access 21/06/2022
- Landscape Institute Awards 2022: Deadline 7 July 21/06/2022
- Scotland’s Culture Secretary welcomes IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the edge’ conference as a ‘timely opportunity… hugely important’ – Book virtual (17/06) from £25+VAT (& access recordings after!) 14/06/2022
- #IHBCAberdeen2022 School delegate joining details now out: Check spam for any missing details first, then contact us! 14/06/2022
- Stall guidance on virtual Heritage MarketPlace 15/06 now out: Free to #IHBCAberdeen2022 delegates & IHBC Members, and still time to book 14/06/2022
- Check out #IHBC25: 25 years since we turned professional – with ideas invited on marking our heritage and while looking ahead 14/06/2022
- IHBC congratulates Alice Ullathorne – IHBC EDI lead (see 2022 School MarketPlace Billboard) – as she joins Heritage Trust Network’s Board 14/06/2022
Daily Archives: 14/06/2022
Scotland’s Culture Secretary welcomes IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the edge’ conference as a ‘timely opportunity… hugely important’ – Book virtual (17/06) from £25+VAT (& access recordings after!)
Scotland’s Culture Secretary Angus Robertson will welcome in-person and virtual delegates to the IHBC’s blended 2022 School on 17 June, which he says ‘offers a timely opportunity to promote heritage-led regeneration as part of the solution to… economic and social … Continue reading
#IHBCAberdeen2022 School delegate joining details now out: Check spam for any missing details first, then contact us!
Guidance and arrangements for all aspects of the IHBC’s 2022 School have been issued to all booked delegates, so if you are missing anything crucial check your spam first then contact us at email@example.com
Stall guidance on virtual Heritage MarketPlace 15/06 now out: Free to #IHBCAberdeen2022 delegates & IHBC Members, and still time to book
Stall guidance on ‘Making your CPD stall choices’ has been sent to those visiting IHBC’s virtual MarketPlace stalls on 15 June, 4.30-7.30pm (including a ‘Happy Hour’ break) so you can check the live MarketPlace Stallholder List, and still book a … Continue reading
Check out #IHBC25: 25 years since we turned professional – with ideas invited on marking our heritage and while looking ahead
Our new subscription year – April 2022 to March 2023 – will see the IHBC mark a quarter of a century since our incorporation as a professional body supporting and accrediting built and historic environment conservation specialists, so we’re kick-starting … Continue reading
IHBC congratulates Alice Ullathorne – IHBC EDI lead (see 2022 School MarketPlace Billboard) – as she joins Heritage Trust Network’s Board
The IHBC is delighted to announce that Alice Ullathorne IHBC – our lead for the institute’s own ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Working Group, as per the IHBC’s Heritage Marketplace Billboard listing – has joined the Board of the Heritage … Continue reading
Sector lead the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) has recognised the IHBC’s professional accreditation (Full and Associate Members) and support (CPD etc.) in awarding its PQP (Professionally Qualified Person) cards.
2022 Yearbook out: Lottery CE on why #IHBCAberdeen2022 is critical + Conservation APPG Chair on heritage as the solution
Some 5000 copies of the IHBC’s 2022 Yearbook are headlining our #IHBCAberdeen2022 School and resources to members and networks, as Heritage Lottery CE explains ‘why the IHBC focus this year is so important’, and IHBC-supported All Party Parliament Group (APPG) … Continue reading
IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features Designing Buildings’ Newsletter, circulated to 15,000 registered users, headlining the … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (Scottish) doorstep’: Church of Scotland properties for sale – from historic churches to city centre flats
The Church of Scotland is to review its current portfolio of buildings, with a view to closing those little used and now surplus to requirements, reports The Scotsman as it offers more context and resources on the sales. image: for … Continue reading
A new government Community Ownership Fund prospectus for the UK provides detailed guidance on the purpose of the fund, eligibility criteria, funding and support assessment criteria and the decision-making process.
The 2022 World Monuments Fund Watch (WMF) spotlights 25 heritage sites of extraordinary significance, facing pressing challenges, and where WMF partnerships with local communities could make a meaningful difference.
COTAC expands to deliver digital educational unit in Appreciating Built Heritage with new project officer
Having recently obtained Heritage Lottery funding from their Steps to Sustainability programme, COTAC is embarking on a project to deliver an entry-level heritage and historic environment conservation education unit delivered entirely digitally, with a search for a project officer under way.