Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans for bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland scrapped – reports 12/10/2021
- The NCT guide to ‘incredible churches in wild landscapes’, with 200+ churches to visit in UK National Parks 12/10/2021
- Record fine issued to London landlord over planning offence 12/10/2021
- Nearly £60m low carbon growth programme approved for Swansea 12/10/2021
- China vows to curb urban demolitions, preserve cultural heritage 12/10/2021
- IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on 08/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 08/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10 08/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the cemetery’s step’: Paris Court Rules Brancusi’s ‘Kiss’ to stay 08/10/2021
- Boris Johnson pledges no homes will be built on green fields 08/10/2021
Daily Archives: 18/07/2020
IHBC Chair co-signs letter promoting heritage alongside arts for Government support, in advance of £1.57Bn fund: ‘Heritage is not just old stuff’
IHBC Chair David McDonald co-signed a letter from The Heritage Alliance (THA) to the Telegraph – published on 4 July – highlighting the need to include heritage as well as the arts in financial assistance from Government, noting that ‘Heritage … Continue reading
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base and host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – has ‘listed a few classic mistakes’ it admits to having ‘witnessed’’, and calls for more!
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £4.1M+ costed works: Welsh council seeks partner for listed venue refurb, closing 16 July, valued £370K, closing 3/08
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (country) doorstep’: West Wellow couple ‘shocked’ by unexpected new farm building
A couple have been left ‘flabbergasted’ after a large agricultural building was unexpectedly erected a few metres from their house, reports the BBC.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak has unveiled a new £2bn Green Homes Grant to retrofit homes and buildings across the country, part of a £3bn green investment package.
Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH) is delighted to announce support from the National Lottery Heritage Fund grant of for an exciting new 3 year project, ‘Hands-On Heritage’. image: UAH
CITB is working with government to understand the support that industry needs to decarbonise the built environment and we will publish our findings and recommendations later in the year.
The Art Fund’s ‘Respond and reimagine’ grants – which offer funding from £10,000 to £50,000 – aim to help museums, galleries and cultural organisations respond to immediate challenges connected to the Covid-19 crisis, with the next round closing on 17 … Continue reading
Green Alliance: Urgent revision of planned UK infrastructure projects needed to achieve green recovery – put ‘people, climate and nature at its heart.’
In a new report published today, the independent environmental think-tank Green Alliance sets out a vision for the UK’s economic recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic that puts people, climate and nature at its heart.
The Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) is seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced individuals to join its Advisory Board in September 2020 or September 2021.
HES publishes Policy and Guidance for the reopening of its historic properties to support heritage sector recovery
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has published Policy and Guidance for the reopening of the properties in its care, as the organisation announced plans for the phased reopening of some of Scotland’s most iconic historic attractions, including Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle … Continue reading
New research shows £5.5bn fund needed to level up access to urban green space as part of UK’s green recovery
As the Prime Minister set out his ambition for the country’s recovery in the West Midlands last week, the National Trust, the Mayor of the West Midlands, Sustrans, Create Streets and local council leaders have written to him urging a … Continue reading
The European Heritage Awards/Europa Nostra Awards 2021 Open for Submissions: Deadline 1 October 2020
Europa Nostra is now calling for entries for the 2021 Awards – with the UK eligible for all the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards this year, including the second and final year of the Ilucidare prizes – with … Continue reading
What may be the largest prehistoric monument in the entire United Kingdom has been uncovered, and it’s just a stone’s throw away from Stonehenge.