Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans for bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland scrapped – reports 12/10/2021
- The NCT guide to ‘incredible churches in wild landscapes’, with 200+ churches to visit in UK National Parks 12/10/2021
- Record fine issued to London landlord over planning offence 12/10/2021
- Nearly £60m low carbon growth programme approved for Swansea 12/10/2021
- China vows to curb urban demolitions, preserve cultural heritage 12/10/2021
- IHBC members’ on-line ‘inclusive Council’ invites issued: ‘Join in shaping our activities and plans’ – Wed 13 Oct, 1.30PM on 08/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 08/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £145K+ works this week: BC seeks governance etc. consultants on heritage project, valued to £25K, closing 25/10 08/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the cemetery’s step’: Paris Court Rules Brancusi’s ‘Kiss’ to stay 08/10/2021
- Boris Johnson pledges no homes will be built on green fields 08/10/2021
Daily Archives: 07/07/2020
DBW highlights IHBC-ALGAO:UK partnership to12.5+K registered users across construction & development: Promoting LAs in conservation and the HE
IHBC partner information service Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), has headlined the IHBC ALGAO:UK Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), – from the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki report on plans to promote services in local authority– circulating the news to DBW’s c.12,500+ registered users … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Contractor’s COVID-19 tests positive for 53%
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Weston’s Birnbeck Pier could have new owner as Council consider CPO
After years of decline, Birnbeck Pier could potentially have a new owner as North Somerset Council will receive a report to authorise the issuing of a compulsory purchase order (CPO) for the grade-II listed pier to the RNLI, reports The … Continue reading
The Report from the independent Advisory Group established by the Scottish Government to advise on Scotland’s economic recovery in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic has been issued, but despite sector advocacy fails to make explicit the ‘shovel ready’ repair … Continue reading
Christina Gaiger FRIAS has been elected the next President of the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS), taking over from Robin Webster OBE at the Incorporation’s AGM on 30th June 2020.
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) and partners awarded £0.5M by NLHF for ‘building the resilience of the heritage sector’
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) has announced that in a partnership led by Museums Galleries Scotland (MGS) and with greenspace Scotland, it has been awarded £497,300 from National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF), to support major investment in building the resilience … Continue reading
The publication of the Gowers Report in June 1950 was a seminal moment in the postwar rescue of Britain’s country house heritage, and Historic Houses celebrates its legacy.
An industry guide has been published to support the construction industry to attract and retain women into the sector.
Nominations for 7 Most Endangered 2021 programme closes 7 September: ‘Let’s save Europe’s endangered heritage sites together’, says Europa Nostra
Europa Nostra has opened Nominations for the 7 Most Endangered 2021.
More than £78 million is to be invested into the construction sector as part of a new Return to Work package to help stimulate Scotland’s economy following the coronavirus pandemic. image: for illustration purposes only – Open Government Licence v3.0
MPs and peers are being asked for their views on the planned restoration and renewal of the Houses of Parliament. image: Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
The Architectural Association (AA) school is in turmoil after director Eva Franch i Gilabert lost two votes of confidence in her leadership.