Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- 2021 School delegate survey issued: Top marks for relevance (98.2%), CPD support (83.64%), & Friday (c.94%) 19/10/2021
- IHBC Communications and Outreach Strategy 2021-24 now online 19/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on RIBA ‘Decarbonising’ report 19/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inside the abandoned American cottage that overlooks a North Wales village 19/10/2021
- Welsh Government’s plan to tackle town centre regeneration 19/10/2021
- AHF: We are seeking two new trustees! 19/10/2021
- THA announces Pam Alexander OBE as new Chair 19/10/2021
- HSE: Who is responsible for the death of builders? 19/10/2021
- National Infrastructure Planning Reform Programme: stakeholder survey announced, closing 17/12 19/10/2021
- 30 years in the making: HE opens aerial photography project to the public 19/10/2021
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
Daily Archives: 02/06/2021
IHBC’s 2021 Day School #IHBCBrighton2021 update: From £30+VAT to hear Jan Gehl on Design + Donovan Rypkema on Impacts with sector leads on High Street re-purposing + Lottery investment + Local listing + Public participation – Book now and ask your questions early!
Titles have been confirmed for the talks at the IHBC’s Day School sessions on 18 June, while delegates can shape discussions by submitting their questions HERE.
New ‘Single Seminar’ delegate options for 17 June only, at #IHBCBrighton 2021 – Just £10+VAT: on Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning!
General practitioners can now book ‘Single Seminar’ delegate options to access new insights into key practice areas covered at the IHBC’s Brighton School on 17 June, for only £10+VAT.
IHBC’s Brighton 2021 School #IHBCBrighton2021 featured on DBW’s Newsletter – reaching up to 14.5K construction sector users!
The IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School featured on the Newsletter of Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and the ‘construction industry knowledge base’ – promoting the School and DBW’s MarketPlace stall there – to its … Continue reading
SAHBG-IHBC Research Award launched: Celebrating the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closing 01/07
The IHBC is delighted to announce a new joint venture with the Society of Architectural Historians of Great Britain (SAHGB) that celebrates the quality of architectural-historical research produced as private consultants or for public bodies etc., with winners to receive a … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: dezeen on how the Venice Architecture Biennale’s British Pavilion is examining ‘threats to public space
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features a post from dezeen on the British Pavilion at … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Dunfermline Conservation Group say planning system is ‘farcical’
Fife’s planning system has been branded ‘farcical’ by Dunfermline campaigners Calais Woods Conservation Group, the Dunfermline Press writes. image: for illustration purposes only
The Prince of Wales has visited the scene of one of SAVE Britain’s Heritage’s greatest battles – the General Market and the Fish Market in Smithfield, where two major attempts at demolition were fought off by SAVE at successive public … Continue reading
Architecture Fringe has announced the journey towards the 2021 festival and the theme is (Un)Learning, 04-20 June.
The National Churches Trust (NCT) foundation (small) grants are open – rolling from January 2021 with grant sizes from £500 to £5,000 and works cost up to £10,000 (excl VAT and fees).
Scientists have turned cabbage into construction material stronger than concrete and it turns out scraps from onions and fruit also make for durable building products.