Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC regrets Liverpool’s loss of WHS status: Notes ‘huge disappointment’ and need to ‘see what lessons there are…’ 23/07/2021
- IHBC, IEMA & CIfA launch joint Principles of Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment (PCHIA) 23/07/2021
- REMINDER – IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards close 31 JULY: Win £500 and a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School with your built environment/heritage coursework 23/07/2021
- IHBC update: New SAHBG-IHBC Research Award closing date of 31/07 – Celebrate the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’ 23/07/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £144.5K+ costed works this week: National body seeks researcher for inclusion strategy, closing 23/08, valued £15K-20K 23/07/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Manchester council threatened with legal challenge over ‘support’ for skyscraper – before consultation ended 23/07/2021
- England’s National Planning Policy Framework revised 23/07/2021
- ‘Vision for building beautiful places’ in England, &‘banish ugly developments and deliver?beautiful…’: Office for Place, NPPF and Design Code 23/07/2021
- RIBA reintroduces adapted Climate Challenge report and introduces voluntary performance targets 23/07/2021
- AHRC ‘scoping culture and heritage capital research’: Closing 10/08 23/07/2021
- Call for arts and humanities experts to evaluate Horizon Europe applications: Open 2021-27 23/07/2021
- REMINDER CLOSING 31 JULY: Win £500 and a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School with your built environment/heritage coursework – IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2021 20/07/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: First viewing of Paul McTernan’s Brighton 2021 School taster clip, on ‘Repurposing… the High Street’ 20/07/2021
- Via IHBC HESPR’s Donald Insall Associates, HE, NT & more: Grosvenor on how (properly) making historic buildings energy efficient ‘…could reduce UK buildings’ emissions by 5%’ 20/07/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (beyond the) doorstep’: Shrewsbury house filled with concrete foam to save it from collapse – it’s not Narnia either… 20/07/2021
- Cardiff‘s new Council on ‘Capital Ambition – Our continuing commitments for Cardiff’ 20/07/2021
- Government promotes new apps to simplify extension application process for homeowners 20/07/2021
- HE Planning Bulletin: Recent and forthcoming developments in planning from a heritage perspective 20/07/2021
- Council chiefs launch campaign to ‘Build Back Local’ 20/07/2021
- Tighter payment rules to small firms come into force 20/07/2021
- Construction groups unite with proposed new carbon reporting rules consultation 20/07/2021
- Brighton 2021: Day School webinar ‘taster clips’ now out to savour & share, with delegate recordings due soon; Non-delegate access to main sessions @£10+VAT each (when ready)! 16/07/2021
- IHBC sponsors COTAC Conference: ‘Developing the skills, training, and expertise for the challenges ahead’ – 23/24 November 16/07/2021
- IHBC welcomes joint IHBC, IEMA and CIfA ‘Principles of Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment in the UK’: Launch 20/07, 12.30-1.30 16/07/2021
- New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too! 16/07/2021
Daily Archives: 11/06/2021
Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back!
Delegates across the IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School on 17-18 June #IHBCBrighton2021 – especially any who can’t attend a live session– should submit questions, queries or observation in advance (by 17 June) as you can win back the School fee if … Continue reading
Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06!
Anyone seeking a wider take on conservation can join the IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School to hear from US heritage economist Donovan Rypkema – both as presenter and MarketPlace stall host – while the Roundup from PlaceEconomics – sister company of … Continue reading
Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want!
The IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School #IHBCBrighton2021 Heritage MarketPlace #IHBCMarketPlace is the perfect source for targeted learning, with lots of options across diverse practice areas – from working as a consultant and education to sealing systems and heritage roofing – but remember that some stallholders want your suggestions on what they should … Continue reading
REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning!
General practitioners can now book ‘Single Seminar’ delegate options to access new insights into key practice areas covered at the IHBC’s Brighton School on 17 June, for only £10+VAT.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from a Park Authority for … Continue reading
Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer
A developer has been prosecuted and ordered to pay thousands in fines and costs after a historic cottage was demolished, reports The News.
Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites
Parliament’s Housing, Communities and Local Government (HCLG) Committee has issued its report on the Government’s 2020 proposed reforms to England’s planning, as conclusions include that it ‘should reconsider the case for the three areas proposal’ and publish an ‘assessment of … Continue reading
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has published its new annual Impact Report which analyses data gathered from projects funded to understand what impacts AHF projects are having in communities across the UK, all a key theme at the IHBC’s virtual … Continue reading
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) – an IHBC 2021 HES MarketPlace Stallholder at the IHBC’s virtual 2021 Brighton School on 18 June – has set out its vision to tackle inequalities and increase access to and participation in Scotland’s historic environment … Continue reading
‘Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities ‘ is a new report on how to ‘adopt nature-based solutions as we transition to a sustainable future’.
IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality
Dave Stitt running the Coach for Results Course at the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Academy – and IHBC virtual 2021 Brighton School conference MarketPlace Stallholder on 18 June – asks if construction leaders create the right environment for quality.