Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC Toolbox latest Guidance Note: Using S.19 on amendments to LBC 05/08/2022
- IHBC Wales Branch FREE CPD + reception: Looking to #IHBCSwansea2023 and #IHBC25 – 5/09 05/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 05/08/2022
- REMINDER: SAHGB-IHBC Heritage Research Award 2022 celebrates ‘research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closes 31/08 05/08/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.2M of recent advertised works: Council seeks Heritage Consultant, closing 24/08 05/08/2022
- Creator of Gaia theory James Lovelock dies on 103rd birthday 05/08/2022
- Environment Agency CE on new report: We’re facing ‘Existential risk’ from both climate and biodiversity crises 05/08/2022
- CPRE calls for land strategy and new planning rules to guard food security 05/08/2022
- National Lottery income increases to over £1.8bn 05/08/2022
- BEFS/HES refresh Our Place in Time: Public events to refresh Scotland’s historic environment strategy, from 09/08 05/08/2022
- CHS Skills Training Programme: INDIA – 6 Traineeships for UK participants, 2-20/10, closing 24/08 05/08/2022
- Plans for new flagpole on Sydney Harbour Bridge abandoned after a backlash over £14M cost & two-year timetable 05/08/2022
- Consultation survey on joint ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’ (CPPP): Add your thoughts now! 02/08/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 02/08/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick (No.2) from £42K+ of recent advertised works: City council seeks CAMP, closing 05/08, valued £30K 02/08/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (battlefield) doorstep’: NTS ‘unaware’ PP needed for Culloden storage units 02/08/2022
- EHA / Europa Nostra awards honour 30 exemplary achievements from 18 Countries 02/08/2022
- BSI: New competence requirements for principal contractors & designers 02/08/2022
- 123 Work-related fatal injuries in Great Britain in 2021/22 02/08/2022
- New urban wildflower roundabouts in Inverness to help pollinators 02/08/2022
- #IHBCAberdeen2022: A School volunteer’s ‘thanks to all’… with a note on origins and delivery 29/07/2022
- REMINDER: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award closes 31/08 – £500 + free 2023 School place for #IHBCSwansea2023! 29/07/2022
- IHBC’s HESPR pick (No.1) from recent advertised works: Research EOIs, closing 01/08 29/07/2022
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Work to demolish ‘iconic’ art deco house in North Wales underway 29/07/2022
- Committee call for written evidence on Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill: Respond ASAP! 29/07/2022
Daily Archives: 11/06/2021
Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back!
Delegates across the IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School on 17-18 June #IHBCBrighton2021 – especially any who can’t attend a live session– should submit questions, queries or observation in advance (by 17 June) as you can win back the School fee if … Continue reading
Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06!
Anyone seeking a wider take on conservation can join the IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School to hear from US heritage economist Donovan Rypkema – both as presenter and MarketPlace stall host – while the Roundup from PlaceEconomics – sister company of … Continue reading
Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want!
The IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School #IHBCBrighton2021 Heritage MarketPlace #IHBCMarketPlace is the perfect source for targeted learning, with lots of options across diverse practice areas – from working as a consultant and education to sealing systems and heritage roofing – but remember that some stallholders want your suggestions on what they should … Continue reading
REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning!
General practitioners can now book ‘Single Seminar’ delegate options to access new insights into key practice areas covered at the IHBC’s Brighton School on 17 June, for only £10+VAT.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from a Park Authority for … Continue reading
Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer
A developer has been prosecuted and ordered to pay thousands in fines and costs after a historic cottage was demolished, reports The News.
Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites
Parliament’s Housing, Communities and Local Government (HCLG) Committee has issued its report on the Government’s 2020 proposed reforms to England’s planning, as conclusions include that it ‘should reconsider the case for the three areas proposal’ and publish an ‘assessment of … Continue reading
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has published its new annual Impact Report which analyses data gathered from projects funded to understand what impacts AHF projects are having in communities across the UK, all a key theme at the IHBC’s virtual … Continue reading
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) – an IHBC 2021 HES MarketPlace Stallholder at the IHBC’s virtual 2021 Brighton School on 18 June – has set out its vision to tackle inequalities and increase access to and participation in Scotland’s historic environment … Continue reading
‘Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities ‘ is a new report on how to ‘adopt nature-based solutions as we transition to a sustainable future’.
IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality
Dave Stitt running the Coach for Results Course at the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Academy – and IHBC virtual 2021 Brighton School conference MarketPlace Stallholder on 18 June – asks if construction leaders create the right environment for quality.