Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- 2021 School delegate survey issued: Top marks for relevance (98.2%), CPD support (83.64%), & Friday (c.94%) 19/10/2021
- IHBC Communications and Outreach Strategy 2021-24 now online 19/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on RIBA ‘Decarbonising’ report 19/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inside the abandoned American cottage that overlooks a North Wales village 19/10/2021
- Welsh Government’s plan to tackle town centre regeneration 19/10/2021
- AHF: We are seeking two new trustees! 19/10/2021
- THA announces Pam Alexander OBE as new Chair 19/10/2021
- HSE: Who is responsible for the death of builders? 19/10/2021
- National Infrastructure Planning Reform Programme: stakeholder survey announced, closing 17/12 19/10/2021
- 30 years in the making: HE opens aerial photography project to the public 19/10/2021
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
Daily Archives: 08/06/2021
#IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more!
The IHBC is delighted to welcome another round of stall listings to the 2021 Brighton School’s learning-led ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ on 18 June, which offers stallholders access to the IHBC’s School networks, promotion and learning for 6+ months for only c.£100+VAT, … Continue reading
IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings.
The IHBC’s regular CPD Circular is out, offering updates on the best learning opportunities and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and naturally highlights the IHBC ‘Virtual’ Annual School 2021: Brighton 2021.
REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning!
General practitioners can now book ‘Single Seminar’ delegate options to access new insights into key practice areas covered at the IHBC’s Brighton School on 17 June, for only £10+VAT.
IHBC seeks input on heritage ‘Construction Slang’ to inform first Wiki listing by 2021 School (#IHBCBrighton2021) MarketPlace Stallholder DBW
The IHBC seeks input on heritage-specific slang etc. to the Wiki-list of slang-style terms ‘frequently used or understood by those working on UK building sites’, listed by School MarketPlace Stallholder at the IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School: Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW).
Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 Or just have a session query but can’t attend it live? Ask the best question by 17/06 and get your money back!
Delegates across the IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School #IHBCBrighton2021 on 17-18 June – especially any who can’t attend a live session– should submit questions, queries or observation in advance (by 17 June) as you can win back the School fee if selected … Continue reading
REMINDER: SAHBG-IHBC Research Award launched: Celebrating the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closing 01/07
The IHBC is delighted to announce a new joint venture with the Society of Architectural Historians of Great Britain (SAHGB) that celebrates the quality of architectural-historical research produced as private consultants or for public bodies etc., with winners to receive a … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of past week: Building reports as ‘Another developer group slams permitted development rights’
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features a post from a past issue with Building reporting … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: HE and Georgian Group object to plans to demolish GII listed building
Proposals to demolish a Grade 11 listed Bradford building, known as Bowling House, have met with objections from two historical groups Historic England (HE) and the Georgian Group, writes the Yorkshire Post.
Councils in England funding boost to develop local housing design guide for ‘measures [that] mean the word ‘beauty’ will be prioritised in planning…
A new national design code meaning areas are beautiful, well-designed and locally-led is being tested across 14 areas in England, introducing measures that ‘mean the word ‘beauty’ will be prioritised in planning’. image: IHBC Context – for illustration purposes only
The 2021 winners of the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards have been announced, with Europe’s top honour going to 24 exemplary achievements from 18 European countries.
Conservation experts fighting for the future of a Glasgow’s Egyptian Halls, designed by Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson, have announced the establishment of a charity to take forward discussions about restoration.
An AFP News Agency video explains and visualizes that process, a complex and difficult one in itself. image: AFP on YouTube