Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC regrets Liverpool’s loss of WHS status: Notes ‘huge disappointment’ and need to ‘see what lessons there are…’ 23/07/2021
- IHBC, IEMA & CIfA launch joint Principles of Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment (PCHIA) 23/07/2021
- REMINDER – IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards close 31 JULY: Win £500 and a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School with your built environment/heritage coursework 23/07/2021
- IHBC update: New SAHBG-IHBC Research Award closing date of 31/07 – Celebrate the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’ 23/07/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £144.5K+ costed works this week: National body seeks researcher for inclusion strategy, closing 23/08, valued £15K-20K 23/07/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Manchester council threatened with legal challenge over ‘support’ for skyscraper – before consultation ended 23/07/2021
- England’s National Planning Policy Framework revised 23/07/2021
- ‘Vision for building beautiful places’ in England, &‘banish ugly developments and deliver?beautiful…’: Office for Place, NPPF and Design Code 23/07/2021
- RIBA reintroduces adapted Climate Challenge report and introduces voluntary performance targets 23/07/2021
- AHRC ‘scoping culture and heritage capital research’: Closing 10/08 23/07/2021
- Call for arts and humanities experts to evaluate Horizon Europe applications: Open 2021-27 23/07/2021
- REMINDER CLOSING 31 JULY: Win £500 and a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School with your built environment/heritage coursework – IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2021 20/07/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: First viewing of Paul McTernan’s Brighton 2021 School taster clip, on ‘Repurposing… the High Street’ 20/07/2021
- Via IHBC HESPR’s Donald Insall Associates, HE, NT & more: Grosvenor on how (properly) making historic buildings energy efficient ‘…could reduce UK buildings’ emissions by 5%’ 20/07/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (beyond the) doorstep’: Shrewsbury house filled with concrete foam to save it from collapse – it’s not Narnia either… 20/07/2021
- Cardiff‘s new Council on ‘Capital Ambition – Our continuing commitments for Cardiff’ 20/07/2021
- Government promotes new apps to simplify extension application process for homeowners 20/07/2021
- HE Planning Bulletin: Recent and forthcoming developments in planning from a heritage perspective 20/07/2021
- Council chiefs launch campaign to ‘Build Back Local’ 20/07/2021
- Tighter payment rules to small firms come into force 20/07/2021
- Construction groups unite with proposed new carbon reporting rules consultation 20/07/2021
- Brighton 2021: Day School webinar ‘taster clips’ now out to savour & share, with delegate recordings due soon; Non-delegate access to main sessions @£10+VAT each (when ready)! 16/07/2021
- IHBC sponsors COTAC Conference: ‘Developing the skills, training, and expertise for the challenges ahead’ – 23/24 November 16/07/2021
- IHBC welcomes joint IHBC, IEMA and CIfA ‘Principles of Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment in the UK’: Launch 20/07, 12.30-1.30 16/07/2021
- New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too! 16/07/2021
Daily Archives: 08/06/2021
#IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more!
The IHBC is delighted to welcome another round of stall listings to the 2021 Brighton School’s learning-led ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ on 18 June, which offers stallholders access to the IHBC’s School networks, promotion and learning for 6+ months for only c.£100+VAT, … Continue reading
IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings.
The IHBC’s regular CPD Circular is out, offering updates on the best learning opportunities and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and naturally highlights the IHBC ‘Virtual’ Annual School 2021: Brighton 2021.
REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning!
General practitioners can now book ‘Single Seminar’ delegate options to access new insights into key practice areas covered at the IHBC’s Brighton School on 17 June, for only £10+VAT.
IHBC seeks input on heritage ‘Construction Slang’ to inform first Wiki listing by 2021 School (#IHBCBrighton2021) MarketPlace Stallholder DBW
The IHBC seeks input on heritage-specific slang etc. to the Wiki-list of slang-style terms ‘frequently used or understood by those working on UK building sites’, listed by School MarketPlace Stallholder at the IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School: Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW).
Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 Or just have a session query but can’t attend it live? Ask the best question by 17/06 and get your money back!
Delegates across the IHBC’s 2021 Brighton School #IHBCBrighton2021 on 17-18 June – especially any who can’t attend a live session– should submit questions, queries or observation in advance (by 17 June) as you can win back the School fee if selected … Continue reading
REMINDER: SAHBG-IHBC Research Award launched: Celebrating the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closing 01/07
The IHBC is delighted to announce a new joint venture with the Society of Architectural Historians of Great Britain (SAHGB) that celebrates the quality of architectural-historical research produced as private consultants or for public bodies etc., with winners to receive a … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of past week: Building reports as ‘Another developer group slams permitted development rights’
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features a post from a past issue with Building reporting … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: HE and Georgian Group object to plans to demolish GII listed building
Proposals to demolish a Grade 11 listed Bradford building, known as Bowling House, have met with objections from two historical groups Historic England (HE) and the Georgian Group, writes the Yorkshire Post.
Councils in England funding boost to develop local housing design guide for ‘measures [that] mean the word ‘beauty’ will be prioritised in planning…
A new national design code meaning areas are beautiful, well-designed and locally-led is being tested across 14 areas in England, introducing measures that ‘mean the word ‘beauty’ will be prioritised in planning’. image: IHBC Context – for illustration purposes only
The 2021 winners of the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards have been announced, with Europe’s top honour going to 24 exemplary achievements from 18 European countries.
Conservation experts fighting for the future of a Glasgow’s Egyptian Halls, designed by Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson, have announced the establishment of a charity to take forward discussions about restoration.
An AFP News Agency video explains and visualizes that process, a complex and difficult one in itself. image: AFP on YouTube