Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, from NI events for all (9/12) to podcasts & more 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Eilish McGuinness as new Heritage Fund CEO 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes Aberdeen Art Gallery success with Andrew Doolan Best Building in Scotland Award 03/12/2021
- IHBC welcomes ‘groundbreaking’ heritage & research virtual conference from ICSM CHC, 6-10 December 03/12/2021
- IHBC says: ‘Please check your contact details, for the Yearbook and more, by 17/12’ 03/12/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £137K+ works this week: Heritage property lead seeks masterplans, closing 20/12, valued £40-100K 03/12/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage form the restorer’s doorstep’! ‘Faithful reinstatement’ preferred option for GSA Mackintosh Building 03/12/2021
- New Chief Planning Inspector of new Welsh Government body appointed 03/12/2021
- MPs require all new buildings to have renewables from next year 03/12/2021
- Campaigners call for new law to empower communities 03/12/2021
- BRE helps build new embodied carbon database 03/12/2021
- IHBC@COP26 Helpdesk+ signpost: COP26 looks back at what was achieved 30/11/2021
- IHBC consultation responds to ‘Supporting defence infrastructure and the future of time-limited permitted development rights’ 30/11/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ double-up: HESPR’s ‘free 15 minutes advice’ project’ and #IHBC Aberdeen 2022 MarketPlace 30/11/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Outrage as historic fountain stolen from Grimsby cemetery 30/11/2021
- World’s first UNESCO digital trail launches in Scotland 30/11/2021
- Register for UK Heritage Pulse, ‘a data and insight project for the heritage sector’ 30/11/2021
- ‘Promoting Britain Abroad’ inquiry launched by DCMS Parliamentary Committee 30/11/2021
- Heritage Compass: ‘…to create a better connected informed and resilient heritage landscape across England… Apply Now!’ 30/11/2021
- MA publishes report on Local Authority Investment in Museums after a decade of Austerity 30/11/2021
- UKGBC launches new network in Scotland to support sustainable built environment 30/11/2021
- IHBC@COP26 Helpdesk+ launches ‘Some observations on moving forward after COP26’: Discussing doing more about ‘Conserving our Planet’ by ‘Conserving our Places’ 26/11/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.2M+ works this week: Parochial Church Council seeks PM for G1 LB, closing 06/12 26/11/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (Grecian) doorstep’: Residents of a Welsh town set to become Europe’s first Climate Refugees… 26/11/2021
- 925 cultural organisations supported by £107 million in latest recovery fund 26/11/2021
Daily Archives: 22/06/2021
IHBC’s opening ‘BIG thanks’ to Brighton School (& MarketPlace) contributors, delegates, & sponsor MFL Affinity, as 96% offer 3 stars or more for our pandemic-led, 2-day School experiment, and 96% want more on-line learning from the IHBC!
The IHBC is delighted to offer early and all-encompassing appreciation to all involved in the IHBC’s pandemic-pivoted Brighton 2021 School & Heritage MarketPlace, with special thanks to informative speakers, splendid Stallholders, participating delegates and our Principal Sponsor MFL Affinity, as … Continue reading
Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Manage all the risks by staying ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with current post ranging from HES Deputy, to Townscape, education and more, so sign up now!
To help employers and practitioners the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers on the diverse career opportunities advertised in our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, while recent posts range from ‘Consents and Advice’ deputy head in Scotland to Built Heritage in Wales … Continue reading
IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2021: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School by submitting your built environment/heritage coursework online, closes 31 July!
The IHBC’s celebrated 2021 Gus Astley Student Awards closes to entries on 31 July, so if you have coursework from ANY UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate, from 2020 OR 2021 – just submit it online and on time … Continue reading
REMINDER: SAHBG-IHBC Research Award launched: Celebrating the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closing 01/07
The IHBC is delighted to announce a new joint venture with the Society of Architectural Historians of Great Britain (SAHGB) that celebrates the quality of architectural-historical research produced as private consultants or for public bodies etc., with winners to receive a … Continue reading
IHBC’s signpost to COP26: England’s HEF seeks ‘good climate-change adaptation case studies’: Closing 28/06
England’s Historic Environment Forum (HEF) COP26 Task Group is calling for ‘best practice case studies across carbon reduction, adaptation, resilience and heritage/green skills’.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: SAHGB – IHBC Heritage Research Award, closes 01/07, medal & IHBC School place prizes!
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features the joint IHBC- SAHGB Heritage Research Award for ‘architectural-historical … Continue reading
IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (Borders) doorstep’: Former Scottish Borders textiles mill which sold under Ballantyne brand up for sale
A former major textiles mill site in Innerleithen in the Scottish Borders, which sold cashmere around the globe under the Ballantyne brand has been described as being ‘suitable for a variety of commercial uses or residential development’, is being put … Continue reading
Experts at?Heriot-Watt University?are being drafted-in to help protect construction workers on the restoration and renewal of the Palace of Westminster project. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Scotland’s climate campaign ‘Let’s do Net Zero’ launches ahead of COP26: Calls for collective action to tackle climate emergency
‘Let’s do Net Zero’ climate campaign has launched, and calls for collective action to help hit net zero, as major TV, radio and digital campaign to encourage people across Scotland to come together to tackle the climate emergency ahead of … Continue reading
The Systemic Design Framework, launched by the Design Council in April 2021, has been developed to help designers working on major complex challenges that involve people across different disciplines and sectors.
Spin-out from Heriot-Watt University awarded £1M to commercialise brick made of recycled construction waste
Kenoteq, a clean-tech spin-out from Heriot-Watt University, has been awarded £1 million in funding by Zero Waste Scotland to commercialise production of its revolutionary brick made of recycled construction waste, the K-Briq, to more than two million bricks per year. … Continue reading