Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Protected: DRAFT: IHBC@COP26: ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ – IHBC’s globally accessible virtual built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, open 31/10 to 12/11 16/09/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links on learning and CPD, only a click away from our Home Page 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s cross-disciplinary signpost ‘… From the factor’s doorstep’: Revised property factors’ code of conduct for Scotland 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on ‘The Phoenix Garden’ 14/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Royal High School Edinburgh set to become ‘world-class centre for music’ 14/09/2021
- MCT name change: ‘Marsh Charitable Trust’, partners in the IHBC Marsh Awards 14/09/2021
- Record 20 places bid for prestigious UK City of Culture 2025 title 14/09/2021
- Local government, climate change and the environment 14/09/2021
- 10 jobs that will help shape a zero-emissions future 14/09/2021
- REMINDER – New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too! 10/09/2021
- IHBC responds to suite of energy efficiency consultations as changes proposed to traditionally built homes ramp up: ECO4; PAS 2035 etc. 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s Research Signpost: BEIS calls for evidence to substantially reduce research bureaucracy, closing 01/10 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £25M+ costed works this week: DC seeks consultant for town hall works, closing 29/09 and valued up to £100K 10/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Fears over the future of historic Brighton shul 10/09/2021
- Contribute a European dimension to ‘Good Urbanism Principles’ survey by 2021 MarketPlace stallholders HSI/PlaceEconomics 10/09/2021
- RICS Publishes Independent Review – Accepts All Recommendations 10/09/2021
- Dragons’ Den for young professionals in construction, £1000, closing 28/09 10/09/2021
- New research reveals cathedrals’ contribution to local economies & communities 10/09/2021
- National Trust adapts Oxburgh Hall’s roof tiles for bats 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s September CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings! 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s CPD signpost: Why not add to DBW’s list of construction industry ‘traditions, superstitions, pseudoscience & obsolete scientific theories’ 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ Signpost: Valuing Victorian church architecture 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: ArchDaily on ‘Mallorca’s abandoned buildings’. 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the WHS’s doorstep’: Height reduced at Edinburgh concert venue with work poised to begin next year 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the ‘Doors Open’ doorstep’ 3: England’s HODs – ‘England’s largest festival of history and culture!’…10-19/09 07/09/2021
Daily Archives: 22/06/2021
IHBC’s opening ‘BIG thanks’ to Brighton School (& MarketPlace) contributors, delegates, & sponsor MFL Affinity, as 96% offer 3 stars or more for our pandemic-led, 2-day School experiment, and 96% want more on-line learning from the IHBC!
The IHBC is delighted to offer early and all-encompassing appreciation to all involved in the IHBC’s pandemic-pivoted Brighton 2021 School & Heritage MarketPlace, with special thanks to informative speakers, splendid Stallholders, participating delegates and our Principal Sponsor MFL Affinity, as … Continue reading
Serious about your staffing plans or career direction? Manage all the risks by staying ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with current post ranging from HES Deputy, to Townscape, education and more, so sign up now!
To help employers and practitioners the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers on the diverse career opportunities advertised in our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, while recent posts range from ‘Consents and Advice’ deputy head in Scotland to Built Heritage in Wales … Continue reading
IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2021: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School by submitting your built environment/heritage coursework online, closes 31 July!
The IHBC’s celebrated 2021 Gus Astley Student Awards closes to entries on 31 July, so if you have coursework from ANY UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate, from 2020 OR 2021 – just submit it online and on time … Continue reading
REMINDER: SAHBG-IHBC Research Award launched: Celebrating the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’: Closing 01/07
The IHBC is delighted to announce a new joint venture with the Society of Architectural Historians of Great Britain (SAHGB) that celebrates the quality of architectural-historical research produced as private consultants or for public bodies etc., with winners to receive a … Continue reading
IHBC’s signpost to COP26: England’s HEF seeks ‘good climate-change adaptation case studies’: Closing 28/06
England’s Historic Environment Forum (HEF) COP26 Task Group is calling for ‘best practice case studies across carbon reduction, adaptation, resilience and heritage/green skills’.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: SAHGB – IHBC Heritage Research Award, closes 01/07, medal & IHBC School place prizes!
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features the joint IHBC- SAHGB Heritage Research Award for ‘architectural-historical … Continue reading
IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (Borders) doorstep’: Former Scottish Borders textiles mill which sold under Ballantyne brand up for sale
A former major textiles mill site in Innerleithen in the Scottish Borders, which sold cashmere around the globe under the Ballantyne brand has been described as being ‘suitable for a variety of commercial uses or residential development’, is being put … Continue reading
Experts at?Heriot-Watt University?are being drafted-in to help protect construction workers on the restoration and renewal of the Palace of Westminster project. Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of Parliament
Scotland’s climate campaign ‘Let’s do Net Zero’ launches ahead of COP26: Calls for collective action to tackle climate emergency
‘Let’s do Net Zero’ climate campaign has launched, and calls for collective action to help hit net zero, as major TV, radio and digital campaign to encourage people across Scotland to come together to tackle the climate emergency ahead of … Continue reading
The Systemic Design Framework, launched by the Design Council in April 2021, has been developed to help designers working on major complex challenges that involve people across different disciplines and sectors.
Spin-out from Heriot-Watt University awarded £1M to commercialise brick made of recycled construction waste
Kenoteq, a clean-tech spin-out from Heriot-Watt University, has been awarded £1 million in funding by Zero Waste Scotland to commercialise production of its revolutionary brick made of recycled construction waste, the K-Briq, to more than two million bricks per year. … Continue reading