Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- Protected: DRAFT: IHBC@COP26: ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ – IHBC’s globally accessible virtual built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, open 31/10 to 12/11 16/09/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links on learning and CPD, only a click away from our Home Page 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s cross-disciplinary signpost ‘… From the factor’s doorstep’: Revised property factors’ code of conduct for Scotland 14/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on ‘The Phoenix Garden’ 14/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Royal High School Edinburgh set to become ‘world-class centre for music’ 14/09/2021
- MCT name change: ‘Marsh Charitable Trust’, partners in the IHBC Marsh Awards 14/09/2021
- Record 20 places bid for prestigious UK City of Culture 2025 title 14/09/2021
- Local government, climate change and the environment 14/09/2021
- 10 jobs that will help shape a zero-emissions future 14/09/2021
- REMINDER – New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too! 10/09/2021
- IHBC responds to suite of energy efficiency consultations as changes proposed to traditionally built homes ramp up: ECO4; PAS 2035 etc. 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s Research Signpost: BEIS calls for evidence to substantially reduce research bureaucracy, closing 01/10 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £25M+ costed works this week: DC seeks consultant for town hall works, closing 29/09 and valued up to £100K 10/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Fears over the future of historic Brighton shul 10/09/2021
- Contribute a European dimension to ‘Good Urbanism Principles’ survey by 2021 MarketPlace stallholders HSI/PlaceEconomics 10/09/2021
- RICS Publishes Independent Review – Accepts All Recommendations 10/09/2021
- Dragons’ Den for young professionals in construction, £1000, closing 28/09 10/09/2021
- New research reveals cathedrals’ contribution to local economies & communities 10/09/2021
- National Trust adapts Oxburgh Hall’s roof tiles for bats 10/09/2021
- IHBC’s September CPD Circular now out: Accessible cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings! 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s CPD signpost: Why not add to DBW’s list of construction industry ‘traditions, superstitions, pseudoscience & obsolete scientific theories’ 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ Signpost: Valuing Victorian church architecture 07/09/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: ArchDaily on ‘Mallorca’s abandoned buildings’. 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the WHS’s doorstep’: Height reduced at Edinburgh concert venue with work poised to begin next year 07/09/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the ‘Doors Open’ doorstep’ 3: England’s HODs – ‘England’s largest festival of history and culture!’…10-19/09 07/09/2021
Daily Archives: 05/06/2021
IHBC’s newest 2021 School (#IHBCBrighton2021) ‘must-see’: Lord Kerslake to welcome delegates – CPP APPG Vice-Chair; past CEO to Sheffield CC & HCA, former lead in Civil Service & DCLG
Lord Kerslake, Vice Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Conservation, Places and People (CPP APPG), will welcome delegates to the IHBC’s 2021 Day School on 18 June.
Still time to secure your IHBC School MarketPlace Stall Billboard in our heritage network, only c.£100+VAT to join Jan Gehl (Design), Donovan Rypkema (Economics), and many more! #IHBCBrighton2021
Businesses, suppliers, charities, societies, trusts etc. can access the IHBC’s 2021 School of conference, delegates and wider networks, for c.6 months – including free Day School places and promotion in dedicated news features – all for only c. £100+VAT: just … Continue reading
The IHBC has welcomed the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) World Environment Day 2021 on 5 June, with this year’s global theme being Ecosystem Restoration.
IHBC’s heritage linking Design and Economics, from £30+VAT: Jan Gehl (Design) + Donovan Rypkema (Economics) + High Streets + Lottery + Local listing + Participation – Book now and ask questions early! #IHBCBrighton2021
Titles have been confirmed for the talks at the IHBC’s Day School sessions on 18 June, while delegates can shape discussions by submitting their questions HERE.
‘Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning!
General practitioners can now book ‘Single Seminar’ delegate options to access new insights into key practice areas covered at the IHBC’s Brighton School on 17 June, for only £10+VAT.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £3.2M+ costed works last week: Heritage body seeks understanding of evidence in funding, valued at £25K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from a national body seeking … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Richard Hammond faces criticism over ‘inappropriate’ castle home revamp
Richard Hammond has been criticised over an ‘inappropriate’ planning design of his castle home which dates back to the 15th century. image for illustration purposes only Open Government Licence v3.0
Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has launched the search for UK City of Culture 2025, while now groups of towns will now be able to join together and apply. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
England’s Housing Minister has announced a £1.1 million fund to test the use of digital tools and data standards across 10 local areas. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Paul Sweeney appointed Chair of The National Lottery Community Fund’s Northern Ireland Funding Committee
The Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport(DCMS) has appointed Paul Sweeney as Chair of The National Lottery Community Fund’s Northern Ireland Funding Committee for a term of four years from 01 June 2021. image: Open Government Licence … Continue reading
The Alan Turing Research Institute has updated on its open source software programme for platforms able to collect, collate, visualise and release open data on building stocks.