Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular School Edition update: Lord Kerslake welcomes; School sponsors MFL Affinity takes MarketPlace Stall, and much more! 16/06/2021
- ‘Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s heritage from Design to Economics, from £30+VAT: Jan Gehl (Design) + Donovan Rypkema (Economics) + High Streets + Lottery + Local listing + Participation – Book now and ask questions early! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: News selection form IHBC virtual 2021 School MarketPlace Stallholder Designing Buildings Wiki 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Video marks end of Inverness Townscape Heritage Project 16/06/2021
- RTPI announces launch of new network for politicians involved in planning 16/06/2021
- Design Council: Using design as a force for change 16/06/2021
- CITB on Levy Proposals and Consultation 16/06/2021
- BSI: New competence standards for work in buildings 16/06/2021
- Government urged to support creation of thousands of new green jobs in areas with greatest employment challenges 16/06/2021
- IHBC Signpost: Leonardo da Vinci Designs the Ideal City: See 3D Models of His Radical Design 16/06/2021
- Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back! 11/06/2021
- Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06! 11/06/2021
- Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want! 11/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 11/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250 11/06/2021
- Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer 11/06/2021
- Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites 11/06/2021
- AHF 2020/21 ‘Impact Report’ now out: To ‘evaluate our overarching impact’ 11/06/2021
- HES: New plan to promote equality, diversity and inclusion from IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder 11/06/2021
- Now out: Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities 11/06/2021
- IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality 11/06/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more! 08/06/2021
- IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings. 08/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 08/06/2021
Daily Archives: 12/05/2020
#IHBCVirtualSchool2020’s ‘Speaker Spotlight’: Cliff Hague, RTPI PP on ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’, and ‘How Covid-19 could physically reshape our towns and cities’
The Covid-19 outbreak may have permanent effects on society, such as by moving university courses online, with implications for student housing, and a greater appreciation of parks and garden cities, observes Cliff Hague, Past President of the RTPI, Chair of … Continue reading
IHBC launches ‘Market Intelligence’ on England’s LA jobs for 2019, via the Toolbox: Advertised posts down 30%+ on 2018
IHBC’s online Toolbox practitioner resource has posted our regular update of ‘Market Intelligence’ on England’s local authority (LA) conservation-related jobs, from the ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, confirming that for 2019 ‘conservation posts… in England fell back… one-third’, and were the … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Wiki’ platform partner, DBW, launches ‘Designing Buildings Anywhere’: A ‘knowledge plug-in to support isolated practitioners’
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base and host platform for the Conservation Wiki, has launched ‘Designing Buildings Anywhere’, free browser plug-in to help locked-down construction professionals, researchers and students.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 51: Scotland’s ‘Monument Monitor’, and how your holiday snaps could help historic sites
Historic Environment Scotland is asking people under lockdown – and after – to ‘dust off that photo album and plug in that external hard drive as we tell you about Monument Monitor’! image: HES website
Government-backed loans to construction firms must be streamlined to avoid a ruinous contractor liquidity crunch in the coming weeks.
The Heritage Fund has put together a list of heritage-inspired activities to be done from home and will be updating the list, so users are asked to keep checking back. image: Heritage Fund website
The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) paused applications to its emergency funding scheme last month, after being over-subscribed by charities struggling to cope with the coronavirus pandemic.
Because of the difficulties associated with the Covid-19 lockdown, the Stone Federation is extending the entry deadline for the 2020 Natural Stone Awards to Friday 29 May.
Place Alliance has issued a review examining its work and impact after five years, from 2014 and 2019, explaining ‘What has been the impact of the Place Alliance on the place quality agenda in England (and beyond)?’.
In line with Government advice on Covid-19 pandemic, the Board of the Brick Development Association have taken the decision not to run the Brick Awards in 2020.
In an experimental farmhouse project, the use of carbon-negative materials helped the owners achieve their eco goals, from UK Construction Week.