Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC submits response to ‘Parliament Restoration and Renewal’ plans review 11/08/2020
- IHBC welcomes 8th Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 11/08/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Government rules out VAT reduction on domestic work, from Building 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Heritage group to spend £120k to restore Martello Tower 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: PLBC granted for Dover’s Maison Dieu restoration 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Edme’s old factory buildings in Mistley saved from demolition 11/08/2020
- New Parliamentary inquiry: Supporting our high streets after Covid-19, closes 14/09 11/08/2020
- New uses for Northern Ireland’s oldest surviving synagogue 11/08/2020
- District council wins legal battle after planning inspector miscalculated its housing land supply 11/08/2020
- Apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Closes 9 September 11/08/2020
- Dismantling planning system will lead to failure of building agenda, warns RTPI 11/08/2020
- Church Monuments Society biennial prize Essay competition 11/08/2020
- Council to consult on the ‘appropriateness’ of some monuments and street names 11/08/2020
- Design Council launches report on ‘what people need from their homes’, for 2030 11/08/2020
- IHBC on England’s ‘Planning for the future’: Aspects to be cautiously welcomed but alarm over local plan proposals founded more on legacy of prejudice than power of evidence 08/08/2020
- IHBC Recognised CPD Provider ESC update for ‘Energy Efficiency for Traditional Buildings’ course dates 08/08/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6+ costed works this week: National cultural body calls for PM etc. services, closing 28/08, valued £1.5-£5M 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Scottish capital’s historic observatory set to be transformed into artistic retreat 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: From empty shops to ‘vibrant’ restaurants, as the Lowestoft Masterplan reinvigorates the town 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Crowdfunder launched to aid legal challenge bid over Manston airport development consent 08/08/2020
- Government rules out VAT reduction on domestic work: Could cost the exchequer £6Bn annually 08/08/2020
- Trustee vacancies at Architectural Heritage Fund (x2): includes conservation, architectural history skills etc., closing 24 August 08/08/2020
- Hundreds of employers sign up for Construction Leadership Council’s Talent Retention Scheme 08/08/2020
- Grand Bequest: Could this new app be the key to saving Edinburgh’s crumbling and at-risk historic buildings? 08/08/2020
- Suffolk Coast and Heaths: England’s first ‘beauty extension’ since 1991 08/08/2020
Daily Archives: 12/05/2020
#IHBCVirtualSchool2020’s ‘Speaker Spotlight’: Cliff Hague, RTPI PP on ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’, and ‘How Covid-19 could physically reshape our towns and cities’
The Covid-19 outbreak may have permanent effects on society, such as by moving university courses online, with implications for student housing, and a greater appreciation of parks and garden cities, observes Cliff Hague, Past President of the RTPI, Chair of … Continue reading
IHBC launches ‘Market Intelligence’ on England’s LA jobs for 2019, via the Toolbox: Advertised posts down 30%+ on 2018
IHBC’s online Toolbox practitioner resource has posted our regular update of ‘Market Intelligence’ on England’s local authority (LA) conservation-related jobs, from the ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service, confirming that for 2019 ‘conservation posts… in England fell back… one-third’, and were the … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Wiki’ platform partner, DBW, launches ‘Designing Buildings Anywhere’: A ‘knowledge plug-in to support isolated practitioners’
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – the construction industry knowledge base and host platform for the Conservation Wiki, has launched ‘Designing Buildings Anywhere’, free browser plug-in to help locked-down construction professionals, researchers and students.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 51: Scotland’s ‘Monument Monitor’, and how your holiday snaps could help historic sites
Historic Environment Scotland is asking people under lockdown – and after – to ‘dust off that photo album and plug in that external hard drive as we tell you about Monument Monitor’! image: HES website
Government-backed loans to construction firms must be streamlined to avoid a ruinous contractor liquidity crunch in the coming weeks.
The Heritage Fund has put together a list of heritage-inspired activities to be done from home and will be updating the list, so users are asked to keep checking back. image: Heritage Fund website
The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) paused applications to its emergency funding scheme last month, after being over-subscribed by charities struggling to cope with the coronavirus pandemic.
Because of the difficulties associated with the Covid-19 lockdown, the Stone Federation is extending the entry deadline for the 2020 Natural Stone Awards to Friday 29 May.
Place Alliance has issued a review examining its work and impact after five years, from 2014 and 2019, explaining ‘What has been the impact of the Place Alliance on the place quality agenda in England (and beyond)?’.
In line with Government advice on Covid-19 pandemic, the Board of the Brick Development Association have taken the decision not to run the Brick Awards in 2020.
In an experimental farmhouse project, the use of carbon-negative materials helped the owners achieve their eco goals, from UK Construction Week.