Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular School Edition update: Lord Kerslake welcomes; School sponsors MFL Affinity takes MarketPlace Stall, and much more! 16/06/2021
- ‘Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s heritage from Design to Economics, from £30+VAT: Jan Gehl (Design) + Donovan Rypkema (Economics) + High Streets + Lottery + Local listing + Participation – Book now and ask questions early! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: News selection form IHBC virtual 2021 School MarketPlace Stallholder Designing Buildings Wiki 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Video marks end of Inverness Townscape Heritage Project 16/06/2021
- RTPI announces launch of new network for politicians involved in planning 16/06/2021
- Design Council: Using design as a force for change 16/06/2021
- CITB on Levy Proposals and Consultation 16/06/2021
- BSI: New competence standards for work in buildings 16/06/2021
- Government urged to support creation of thousands of new green jobs in areas with greatest employment challenges 16/06/2021
- IHBC Signpost: Leonardo da Vinci Designs the Ideal City: See 3D Models of His Radical Design 16/06/2021
- Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back! 11/06/2021
- Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06! 11/06/2021
- Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want! 11/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 11/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250 11/06/2021
- Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer 11/06/2021
- Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites 11/06/2021
- AHF 2020/21 ‘Impact Report’ now out: To ‘evaluate our overarching impact’ 11/06/2021
- HES: New plan to promote equality, diversity and inclusion from IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder 11/06/2021
- Now out: Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities 11/06/2021
- IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality 11/06/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more! 08/06/2021
- IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings. 08/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 08/06/2021
Daily Archives: 22/05/2020
IHBC’s new Context out now! ‘Damp’ all over the place… from ‘rethinking retrofit’ to ‘assessing moisture’ and ‘curated decay’, with a bow to IHBC’s 2022 School, planned for Aberdeen!
The latest issue of the IHBC’s membership journal Context is now out, covering a wide range of feature issues – including an Aberdeen case study repair from 2022 IHBC School Committee lead, Douglas Campbell – but focussed on one of … Continue reading
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 67: In lockdown, Ecclesiastical launches new guidance for temporarily closed and unoccupied buildings
Specialist insurer Ecclesiastical has published new guidance on managing risks and protecting temporarily closed and unoccupied heritage buildings during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Institute of Place Management (IPM) has produced its Post-COVID 19 Recovery Framework.
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 69: RIBA on ‘Rethink: 2025’… Design for life after Covid-19, and win £5K, closing 12 June
When we emerge from the coronavirus pandemic a new sort of design will be needed, and how would you design the new world we will find ourselves in, asks the RIBA, as it announces ‘Rethink: 2025’, while you could win … Continue reading
Ulster Architectural Heritage(UAH) has compiled a list of sources of information for the heritage sector, and those interested in heritage in Northern Ireland in relation to Coronavirus Covid-19.
England’s Culture Secretary has accelerated release of funding in further boost for charities and social enterprises across the country. image: Open government Licence v3.0
IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £4.3M+ costed works: NI seeks team for public realm works, closing 19 June, valued £1.9M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails its members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick this … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Heritage of London Trust’s ‘Proud Places’ success helps London’s children re-engage with community after lockdown
London children who have been cooped up at home will be able to discover the historic buildings on their doorstep when lockdown is over, as a successful £300k bid by Heritage of London Trust – Proud Places –allows a scheme … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Demolition plans for GII LBs in St. Joseph’s orphange in Preston move a step closer
The site of the former St. Joseph’s Orphanage in Preston city centre looks set to be partially demolished for housing, writes The Lancashire Post as plans have been recommended for approval which would see several of the Grade II-listed buildings … Continue reading
The Grade II Ribblehead viaduct structure has developed dangerous defects that are causing masonry to plunge off the edge, reports The Daily Mail, while new proposals include restitching the viaduct’s 24 arches, inserting anchors and repairing rainwater systems. image: Michael … Continue reading
The Georgian Group is delighted to announce the appointment of Paul Zisman as its Chairman Designate, succeeding to the present Chairman, Christopher Boyle QC after The Group’s deferred 2020 Annual General Meeting.
Historic England, the organisation responsible for protecting the country’s heritage, has said that a proposed 12-foot steel sculpture dedicated to the memory of gay World War Two codebreaker Alan Turing would ruin the ‘existing character’ of King’s College, Cambridge.
A battle over the right to enjoy uninterrupted views of the Acropolis has resulted in a five-star hotel being ordered to demolish its top two floors, in a landmark ruling hailed by residents of Athens, with campaigners ‘overjoyed’ at a … Continue reading