Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC’s new CPD Circular School Edition update: Lord Kerslake welcomes; School sponsors MFL Affinity takes MarketPlace Stall, and much more! 16/06/2021
- ‘Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s heritage from Design to Economics, from £30+VAT: Jan Gehl (Design) + Donovan Rypkema (Economics) + High Streets + Lottery + Local listing + Participation – Book now and ask questions early! 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: News selection form IHBC virtual 2021 School MarketPlace Stallholder Designing Buildings Wiki 16/06/2021
- IHBC’s features ‘Heritage from the (construction) doorstep’: Video marks end of Inverness Townscape Heritage Project 16/06/2021
- RTPI announces launch of new network for politicians involved in planning 16/06/2021
- Design Council: Using design as a force for change 16/06/2021
- CITB on Levy Proposals and Consultation 16/06/2021
- BSI: New competence standards for work in buildings 16/06/2021
- Government urged to support creation of thousands of new green jobs in areas with greatest employment challenges 16/06/2021
- IHBC Signpost: Leonardo da Vinci Designs the Ideal City: See 3D Models of His Radical Design 16/06/2021
- Fancy a freebie at the IHBC’s Virtual School? #IHBCBrighton2021 or can’t attend live?Just ask the best question by 17/06 and get the fee back! 11/06/2021
- Connecting conservation across continents: Roundup by Rypkema & PlaceEconomics – from Reading Gaol to the ’21 Tulsa Race Massacre, linked at IHBC’s virtual 2021 School on 18/06! 11/06/2021
- Customised learning at IHBC’s School Heritage MarketPlace, 18/06: Tell our MarketPlace Stallholders what you want! 11/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 11/06/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £872.5K+ costed works this week: Park Authority seeks Walkover Surveys, valued from £1250 11/06/2021
- Demolition of ‘beautiful’ historic and protected cottage leads to prosecution of East Meon developer 11/06/2021
- Parliamentary report on England’s planning reforms: ‘Reconsider the three areas proposal’ and publish impact assessment on historic buildings and sites 11/06/2021
- AHF 2020/21 ‘Impact Report’ now out: To ‘evaluate our overarching impact’ 11/06/2021
- HES: New plan to promote equality, diversity and inclusion from IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder 11/06/2021
- Now out: Biodiversity in new housing developments: creating wildlife-friendly communities 11/06/2021
- IHBC signpost Dave Stitt opinion piece via IHBC School MarketPlace Stallholder CIOB Academy: Six questions construction leaders should ask themselves about quality 11/06/2021
- #IHBCBrighton2021 welcomes more virtual ‘Heritage MarketPlace’ stalls and learning: Lottery, CIOB Academy, HE, HES, BEFS, ICON, YALE UP, IHBC’s CPP APPG, Energy Savers, DB Wiki, HTN, THA, Hirst & Murphy Associates – offering dedicated virtual sessions from casework, products and practice to BPNs, advocacy, funding priorities and more! 08/06/2021
- IHBC’s CPD Circular now out: 2021 School updates Cost-effective cross-sector support, with free sign up/events listings. 08/06/2021
- REMINDER: Single Seminar’ options at 17 June School #IHBCBrighton2021 @ £10+VAT: Asset management OR Retrofit OR 21st Century education & training OR Communities and Campaigning! 08/06/2021
Daily Archives: 19/05/2020
#IHBCVirtualSchool2020’s ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’ Speaker Spotlight: Carl Elefante’s updates on how ‘The Greenest Building Is…One That Is Already Built’
Carl Elefante, 94th President of The American Institute of Architects, will take on environmental issues for the built environment as his 2020 Virtual School topic on 19 June, and to spotlight his work, prospective delegates are encouraged to review his … Continue reading
Shape your future and ours! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School, #IHBCVirtualSchool2020, – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your widest networks
Remember that the best way to support your career and aspirations after the pandemic is to shape them now, so let all your networks know about our @IHBCTweet #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, on 19 June, by … Continue reading
REMINDER: IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc.
If you are on furlough, or similarly detached from your usual network, office or working environment, be sure to keep your most important specialist network up to date by getting the IHBC’s NewsBlogs email alerts sent where they are of most … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Pandemic Urbanism – Call for Submissions to Monu #33, closing June 30
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
The Construction Industry Coronavirus (CIC) Task Force has published a new website to showcase industry’s response to Covid-19, and seeks case studies.
Site visits are to recommence and more digital case events are planned, the Planning Inspectorate (PINS) reports in its latest update. image: Open Government Licence V3.0
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 64: Government on designing for ‘Safer public places – urban centres and green spaces’
Government has issued a ‘guidance document focusing on the design principles for safer urban centres and green spaces’, entitled ‘… Safer public places – urban centres and green spaces’. images: Open Government Licence v3.0
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 65: Coronavirus updates from UK Research and Innovation, via AHRC, including ‘…Opening UK Heritage to the World’
UK Research and Innovation has issued new resources and opportunoities linked to thee COVID-19 pandemic, distilled further by the AHRC, and which includes Discovery Projects call – Towards a National Collection: Opening UK Heritage to the World.
UK and the Home Countries have issued a range of guidance on easing the lockdown, including UK guidance for people who work in or run outdoor working environments, ‘Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) in construction and other outdoor work’
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Is this the right time to seek permission for 200 houses on Prescot garden centre site?
Housing developer Taylor Wimpey is seeking planning permission to replace a garden centre in Prescot with 200 houses, but some local councillors say now is not the right time, the St Helens Reporter highlights.
A new report from BRE Trust in collaboration with Constructing Excellence explores opportunities to address challenges in the built environment industry using blockchain technology.
The RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence in the English Regions celebrate the power of planning at a local level, with Expressions of Interest (EOI) due by 30 May.