Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC submits response to ‘Parliament Restoration and Renewal’ plans review 11/08/2020
- IHBC welcomes 8th Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 11/08/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Government rules out VAT reduction on domestic work, from Building 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Heritage group to spend £120k to restore Martello Tower 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: PLBC granted for Dover’s Maison Dieu restoration 11/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Edme’s old factory buildings in Mistley saved from demolition 11/08/2020
- New Parliamentary inquiry: Supporting our high streets after Covid-19, closes 14/09 11/08/2020
- New uses for Northern Ireland’s oldest surviving synagogue 11/08/2020
- District council wins legal battle after planning inspector miscalculated its housing land supply 11/08/2020
- Apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Closes 9 September 11/08/2020
- Dismantling planning system will lead to failure of building agenda, warns RTPI 11/08/2020
- Church Monuments Society biennial prize Essay competition 11/08/2020
- Council to consult on the ‘appropriateness’ of some monuments and street names 11/08/2020
- Design Council launches report on ‘what people need from their homes’, for 2030 11/08/2020
- IHBC on England’s ‘Planning for the future’: Aspects to be cautiously welcomed but alarm over local plan proposals founded more on legacy of prejudice than power of evidence 08/08/2020
- IHBC Recognised CPD Provider ESC update for ‘Energy Efficiency for Traditional Buildings’ course dates 08/08/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6+ costed works this week: National cultural body calls for PM etc. services, closing 28/08, valued £1.5-£5M 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Scottish capital’s historic observatory set to be transformed into artistic retreat 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: From empty shops to ‘vibrant’ restaurants, as the Lowestoft Masterplan reinvigorates the town 08/08/2020
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Crowdfunder launched to aid legal challenge bid over Manston airport development consent 08/08/2020
- Government rules out VAT reduction on domestic work: Could cost the exchequer £6Bn annually 08/08/2020
- Trustee vacancies at Architectural Heritage Fund (x2): includes conservation, architectural history skills etc., closing 24 August 08/08/2020
- Hundreds of employers sign up for Construction Leadership Council’s Talent Retention Scheme 08/08/2020
- Grand Bequest: Could this new app be the key to saving Edinburgh’s crumbling and at-risk historic buildings? 08/08/2020
- Suffolk Coast and Heaths: England’s first ‘beauty extension’ since 1991 08/08/2020
Daily Archives: 19/05/2020
#IHBCVirtualSchool2020’s ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’ Speaker Spotlight: Carl Elefante’s updates on how ‘The Greenest Building Is…One That Is Already Built’
Carl Elefante, 94th President of The American Institute of Architects, will take on environmental issues for the built environment as his 2020 Virtual School topic on 19 June, and to spotlight his work, prospective delegates are encouraged to review his … Continue reading
Shape your future and ours! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School, #IHBCVirtualSchool2020, – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your widest networks
Remember that the best way to support your career and aspirations after the pandemic is to shape them now, so let all your networks know about our @IHBCTweet #IHBCVirtualSchool2020 ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, on 19 June, by … Continue reading
REMINDER: IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc.
If you are on furlough, or similarly detached from your usual network, office or working environment, be sure to keep your most important specialist network up to date by getting the IHBC’s NewsBlogs email alerts sent where they are of most … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week: Pandemic Urbanism – Call for Submissions to Monu #33, closing June 30
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services working to the IHBC’s standards – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, including notices gleaned from across the development sector’s … Continue reading
The Construction Industry Coronavirus (CIC) Task Force has published a new website to showcase industry’s response to Covid-19, and seeks case studies.
Site visits are to recommence and more digital case events are planned, the Planning Inspectorate (PINS) reports in its latest update. image: Open Government Licence V3.0
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 64: Government on designing for ‘Safer public places – urban centres and green spaces’
Government has issued a ‘guidance document focusing on the design principles for safer urban centres and green spaces’, entitled ‘… Safer public places – urban centres and green spaces’. images: Open Government Licence v3.0
IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 65: Coronavirus updates from UK Research and Innovation, via AHRC, including ‘…Opening UK Heritage to the World’
UK Research and Innovation has issued new resources and opportunoities linked to thee COVID-19 pandemic, distilled further by the AHRC, and which includes Discovery Projects call – Towards a National Collection: Opening UK Heritage to the World.
UK and the Home Countries have issued a range of guidance on easing the lockdown, including UK guidance for people who work in or run outdoor working environments, ‘Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) in construction and other outdoor work’
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Is this the right time to seek permission for 200 houses on Prescot garden centre site?
Housing developer Taylor Wimpey is seeking planning permission to replace a garden centre in Prescot with 200 houses, but some local councillors say now is not the right time, the St Helens Reporter highlights.
A new report from BRE Trust in collaboration with Constructing Excellence explores opportunities to address challenges in the built environment industry using blockchain technology.
The RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence in the English Regions celebrate the power of planning at a local level, with Expressions of Interest (EOI) due by 30 May.