Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- IHBC regrets Liverpool’s loss of WHS status: Notes ‘huge disappointment’ and need to ‘see what lessons there are…’ 23/07/2021
- IHBC, IEMA & CIfA launch joint Principles of Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment (PCHIA) 23/07/2021
- REMINDER – IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards close 31 JULY: Win £500 and a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School with your built environment/heritage coursework 23/07/2021
- IHBC update: New SAHBG-IHBC Research Award closing date of 31/07 – Celebrate the ‘quality of architectural-historical research… in heritage and conservation practice’ 23/07/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £144.5K+ costed works this week: National body seeks researcher for inclusion strategy, closing 23/08, valued £15K-20K 23/07/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Manchester council threatened with legal challenge over ‘support’ for skyscraper – before consultation ended 23/07/2021
- England’s National Planning Policy Framework revised 23/07/2021
- ‘Vision for building beautiful places’ in England, &‘banish ugly developments and deliver?beautiful…’: Office for Place, NPPF and Design Code 23/07/2021
- RIBA reintroduces adapted Climate Challenge report and introduces voluntary performance targets 23/07/2021
- AHRC ‘scoping culture and heritage capital research’: Closing 10/08 23/07/2021
- Call for arts and humanities experts to evaluate Horizon Europe applications: Open 2021-27 23/07/2021
- REMINDER CLOSING 31 JULY: Win £500 and a place on IHBC’s 2022 Aberdeen School with your built environment/heritage coursework – IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2021 20/07/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: First viewing of Paul McTernan’s Brighton 2021 School taster clip, on ‘Repurposing… the High Street’ 20/07/2021
- Via IHBC HESPR’s Donald Insall Associates, HE, NT & more: Grosvenor on how (properly) making historic buildings energy efficient ‘…could reduce UK buildings’ emissions by 5%’ 20/07/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (beyond the) doorstep’: Shrewsbury house filled with concrete foam to save it from collapse – it’s not Narnia either… 20/07/2021
- Cardiff‘s new Council on ‘Capital Ambition – Our continuing commitments for Cardiff’ 20/07/2021
- Government promotes new apps to simplify extension application process for homeowners 20/07/2021
- HE Planning Bulletin: Recent and forthcoming developments in planning from a heritage perspective 20/07/2021
- Council chiefs launch campaign to ‘Build Back Local’ 20/07/2021
- Tighter payment rules to small firms come into force 20/07/2021
- Construction groups unite with proposed new carbon reporting rules consultation 20/07/2021
- Brighton 2021: Day School webinar ‘taster clips’ now out to savour & share, with delegate recordings due soon; Non-delegate access to main sessions @£10+VAT each (when ready)! 16/07/2021
- IHBC sponsors COTAC Conference: ‘Developing the skills, training, and expertise for the challenges ahead’ – 23/24 November 16/07/2021
- IHBC welcomes joint IHBC, IEMA and CIfA ‘Principles of Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment in the UK’: Launch 20/07, 12.30-1.30 16/07/2021
- New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too! 16/07/2021
Daily Archives: 16/07/2021
Brighton 2021: Day School webinar ‘taster clips’ now out to savour & share, with delegate recordings due soon; Non-delegate access to main sessions @£10+VAT each (when ready)!
Recordings of the main CPD webinar sessions from the IHBC Brighton 2021 Day School (which included Heritage MarketPlace stall sessions, not recorded) are due soon EXCLUSIVELY for Day and Virtual School delegates, but Taster clips are now available to all, … Continue reading
IHBC sponsors COTAC Conference: ‘Developing the skills, training, and expertise for the challenges ahead’ – 23/24 November
The IHBC is delighted to support as sponsor the forthcoming COTAC conference on ‘Developing the skills, training, and expertise…’, to take place over two half-days on 23 and 24 November.
IHBC welcomes joint IHBC, IEMA and CIfA ‘Principles of Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment in the UK’: Launch 20/07, 12.30-1.30
The IHBC has welcomed the launch of the first edition of the ‘Principles for Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment’, prepared jointly by the IHBC, with past Chair James Caird leading, IEMA and CIfA, which will take place on Tuesday 20 July … Continue reading
New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too!
A new on-line IHBC ‘CPD Priority programme’ event on ‘Conservation Engineering’ with Ian Hume is planned for 28-29 September, with fees from £20.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2.1M+ costed works this week: Scottish council seeks team for buildings ‘overhaul’, closing 29/07, valued £2M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from a Scottish Council for … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (Farnham) doorstep’: ‘It’s okay, you’ve still got the drawings,’ says inspector as ex-school condemned to demolition
The Farnham Herald has headlined a case where a former school is lost as the planning inspector notes the proposals would ,only demolish the building, not the drawings, while he can see ‘nothing in the response from HE that leads … Continue reading
An innovative online tool has been launched to provide the construction industry with greater clarity and understanding of future public sector construction projects to be delivered across Scotland.
20 organisations in England will benefit from £60 million to protect our national heritage for future generations. image: Public Bodies Infrastructure Fund – Royal Armouries, Leeds – Open Government Licence v3.0
Government reports that the Building Safety Bill will set out a clear pathway for the future on how residential buildings should be constructed and maintained.
Meeting net zero in London and the UK’s Core Cities could bring up to £330bn of investment into the UK, new analysis by the UK Cities Climate Investment Commission has revealed. image: Local Government website
The SPAB is seeking to recruit Fellows & Scholars, closing 14 September and 12 October respectively.
The legality of the government’s second Road Investment Strategy (RIS2) will be determined during a two day High Court hearing.
Precast specialist JP Concrete has signed a supply deal with a pioneering Dutch firm to offer self-healing concrete in the UK.