Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- 2021 School delegate survey issued: Top marks for relevance (98.2%), CPD support (83.64%), & Friday (c.94%) 19/10/2021
- IHBC Communications and Outreach Strategy 2021-24 now online 19/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on RIBA ‘Decarbonising’ report 19/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inside the abandoned American cottage that overlooks a North Wales village 19/10/2021
- Welsh Government’s plan to tackle town centre regeneration 19/10/2021
- AHF: We are seeking two new trustees! 19/10/2021
- THA announces Pam Alexander OBE as new Chair 19/10/2021
- HSE: Who is responsible for the death of builders? 19/10/2021
- National Infrastructure Planning Reform Programme: stakeholder survey announced, closing 17/12 19/10/2021
- 30 years in the making: HE opens aerial photography project to the public 19/10/2021
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
Daily Archives: 16/07/2021
Brighton 2021: Day School webinar ‘taster clips’ now out to savour & share, with delegate recordings due soon; Non-delegate access to main sessions @£10+VAT each (when ready)!
Recordings of the main CPD webinar sessions from the IHBC Brighton 2021 Day School (which included Heritage MarketPlace stall sessions, not recorded) are due soon EXCLUSIVELY for Day and Virtual School delegates, but Taster clips are now available to all, … Continue reading
IHBC sponsors COTAC Conference: ‘Developing the skills, training, and expertise for the challenges ahead’ – 23/24 November
The IHBC is delighted to support as sponsor the forthcoming COTAC conference on ‘Developing the skills, training, and expertise…’, to take place over two half-days on 23 and 24 November.
IHBC welcomes joint IHBC, IEMA and CIfA ‘Principles of Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment in the UK’: Launch 20/07, 12.30-1.30
The IHBC has welcomed the launch of the first edition of the ‘Principles for Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment’, prepared jointly by the IHBC, with past Chair James Caird leading, IEMA and CIfA, which will take place on Tuesday 20 July … Continue reading
New IHBC ‘CPD Priority’ programme virtual event: Ian Hume on ‘Conservation Engineering’, 28-29 September, from £20 for members, with bursaries too!
A new on-line IHBC ‘CPD Priority programme’ event on ‘Conservation Engineering’ with Ian Hume is planned for 28-29 September, with fees from £20.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2.1M+ costed works this week: Scottish council seeks team for buildings ‘overhaul’, closing 29/07, valued £2M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the Director’s pick this week features the call from a Scottish Council for … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the (Farnham) doorstep’: ‘It’s okay, you’ve still got the drawings,’ says inspector as ex-school condemned to demolition
The Farnham Herald has headlined a case where a former school is lost as the planning inspector notes the proposals would ,only demolish the building, not the drawings, while he can see ‘nothing in the response from HE that leads … Continue reading
An innovative online tool has been launched to provide the construction industry with greater clarity and understanding of future public sector construction projects to be delivered across Scotland.
20 organisations in England will benefit from £60 million to protect our national heritage for future generations. image: Public Bodies Infrastructure Fund – Royal Armouries, Leeds – Open Government Licence v3.0
Government reports that the Building Safety Bill will set out a clear pathway for the future on how residential buildings should be constructed and maintained.
Meeting net zero in London and the UK’s Core Cities could bring up to £330bn of investment into the UK, new analysis by the UK Cities Climate Investment Commission has revealed. image: Local Government website
The SPAB is seeking to recruit Fellows & Scholars, closing 14 September and 12 October respectively.
The legality of the government’s second Road Investment Strategy (RIS2) will be determined during a two day High Court hearing.
Precast specialist JP Concrete has signed a supply deal with a pioneering Dutch firm to offer self-healing concrete in the UK.