Search the archive
IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
Unless made explicit, IHBC NewsBlogs are not IHBC endorsements.
- 2021 School delegate survey issued: Top marks for relevance (98.2%), CPD support (83.64%), & Friday (c.94%) 19/10/2021
- IHBC Communications and Outreach Strategy 2021-24 now online 19/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on RIBA ‘Decarbonising’ report 19/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Inside the abandoned American cottage that overlooks a North Wales village 19/10/2021
- Welsh Government’s plan to tackle town centre regeneration 19/10/2021
- AHF: We are seeking two new trustees! 19/10/2021
- THA announces Pam Alexander OBE as new Chair 19/10/2021
- HSE: Who is responsible for the death of builders? 19/10/2021
- National Infrastructure Planning Reform Programme: stakeholder survey announced, closing 17/12 19/10/2021
- 30 years in the making: HE opens aerial photography project to the public 19/10/2021
- Support conservation as a climate solution: Volunteers and hosts for IHBC@COP26’s Zoom ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’ still welcome, with guidance now out 15/10/2021
- IHBC responds to Conservation Principles for North Ireland 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s web resource signpost: Quick links and guidance on joining, accreditation and career progress are only a click away! 15/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £43K+ works this week: Charity seeks architect for GII refurb, valued £43K, closing 22/10 15/10/2021
- IHBC features ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Gateway to historic town centre re-opened following improvement works, as what ‘WAS’ becomes ‘HAZ’ 15/10/2021
- ARB on ‘Modernising architectural education and training’ 15/10/2021
- Department for Levelling Up etc. (DLUHC) on ‘Our Governance’ and Board 15/10/2021
- RICS sets new standards of conduct 15/10/2021
- Scotland’s new Local Place Plans regulations laid in Parliament 15/10/2021
- Elizabeth Tower conservation set to complete in 2022 15/10/2021
- Serious about your staffing plans or career? Stay ahead with ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’, with posts ranging from conservation architects (x2) and Officers (x7+) and seeking Net Zero (HE), Listing (HE) and sustainability skills 12/10/2021
- New Context out, on ‘Conservation leadership by the people’: From Amenity Societies and Wentworth Woodhouse to Kurt Schwitters, Scotland’s Towns, Chester and more 12/10/2021
- Volunteer virtually with IHBC@COP26 on IHBC’s built and historic environment ‘Conservation Helpdesk+’, – because ‘Conserving our Places Conserves our Planet’ 12/10/2021
- IHBC CPD signpost: Gender-Responsive Public Procurement – Can public procurement help solve gender inequality? 12/10/2021
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: Dezeen on the ‘Conference of Trees at COP26’ 12/10/2021
Daily Archives: 06/07/2021
IHBC extends members’ invite to new Equality, Diversity, Inclusion Working Group, with update and a ‘Tea Break’ invitation too for 05/08
Led by Alice Ullathorne, the IHBC’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Working Group is the first to progress under the constitutional framework represented by the new Articles of Association, and invites interested IHBC members to a collaborative ‘Tea Break’ on … Continue reading
Enjoy Brighton 2021 on camera? Plan for Aberdeen 2022 in person as well, with the IHBC and ‘On the edge’
Delegates at the 2021 Brighton School appreciated the low cost and international perspectives, but recognised the lack of personal engagement, on-site learning, and networking, so if you want to extend your IHBC experiences in person, start preparing for Aberdeen 2022. … Continue reading
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner to the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – has introduced a customised Google search engine developed for the UK construction industry, which only returns results from the construction industry knowledge sources listed below.
IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick: On Jane Jacobs, via the 2021 virtual Brighton School, Conservation Wiki and IHBC’s Context
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – our Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition quality assurance scheme for heritage services – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and this week features a signpost by the IHBC to Jane Jacobs, via … Continue reading
IHBC features ‘Heritage from the edge’: Eden Valley and Stainmore railways concerned for Great Musgrave Bridge
Supporters of two heritage railways in Cumbria have been lobbying council officials and their local MP over the infilling of a 159-year-old railways bridge reports the News and Star.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has published its new Annual Operating plan for 2021-2022.
The Buttermarket in Redruth, Cornwall has been listed at Grade II by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) on the advice of Historic England. image: Redruth Buttermarket c. Historic England photographed by James O Davies
The Construction Industry Coronavirus Forum (CICV Forum) has unveiled a new guide to the crucial and increasingly complex issue of professional indemnity insurance (PII).
More of the Government’s largest new infrastructure projects must leave nature and biodiversity in an overall better state than before development, it was confirmed, as the Government commits to delivering a ‘nature positive future’. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The UK’s tourism industry has been particularly hard-hit by the coronavirus pandemic, and ahead of a House of Lords debate (on 24 June 2021) to take note of the need to promote tourism in the UK, Parliament UK has issued … Continue reading
A new tool has been issued to help generate business plans for your museum, gallery, cultural or heritage project.
As events like Amazon Prime Day send demand for next-day delivery soaring, speculative warehouse building is taking over vast swathes of land.